No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko Looking Forward To Wach Showdown on 11/10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko Looking Forward To Wach Showdown on 11/10

Wladimir Klitschko will take on undefeated Pole Mariusz Wach in the next defense of his heavyweight titles on November 10.

Klitschko, the holder of the WBA, IBO, WBO and IBF straps, will take on the American-based Wach in Hamburg, Germany.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Yes
    79.17%
    No
    20.83%

I'm looking forward to this one.

I wasn't excited about the Mormeck fight, and I was barely excited about the Thompson mandatory.

But Mariusz Wach is a stronger opponent. He has some power, excellent stamina and can take a punch very well, so there is some risk this time.

Mind you, I think Wladimir will prevail as usual.

Comment

Wach stinks and presents little difficulty. If I were Wlad id be excited about having another easy title defense too.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Wach stinks and presents little difficulty. If I were Wlad id be excited about having another easy title defense too.
        Cant blame him. If I knew I could beat everybody out there, I'd earn as much cash as possible and get as many wins as I still could.

I like this fight TBH. At least we know the Sauerland people are getting Povetkin ready for Wladimir.. Should he get past Hasim Rahman of course.

Comment

It's interested in it. I am a Klitschko fan, but I didn't even watch the Mormeck fight. This is Wlad's most interesting matchup this year by far. Great that Wlad's fighting 3 times this year with (hopefully) no injuries, even if the opponents haven't brought much interest, and I'm looking forward to possible opponents in 2013.

The winner of the IBF tournament, Povetkin, and David Haye are good fights and guys like Helenius, Seth Mitchell, ect. should be looking for their shot in a year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            I don't like it either but even the greats had an easy fight here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
              Cant blame him. If I knew I could beat everybody out there, I'd earn as much cash as possible and get as many wins as I still could.

I like this fight TBH. At least we know the Sauerland people are getting Povetkin ready for Wladimir.. Should he get past Hasim Rahman of course.
              Oh, I don't blame him at all. I may find him boring, but its no fault of his own his era is filled with guys like Wach. As far as a future Povetkin fight goes...I'll believe it when I see it. The one good thing the will come if it does happen is Wlad will remove another phony title from a pretender.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                It's interested in it. I am a Klitschko fan, but I didn't even watch the Mormeck fight. This is Wlad's most interesting matchup this year by far. Great that Wlad's fighting 3 times this year with (hopefully) no injuries, even if the opponents haven't brought much interest, and I'm looking forward to possible opponents in 2013.

The winner of the IBF tournament, Povetkin, and David Haye are good fights and guys like Helenius, Seth Mitchell, ect. should be looking for their shot in a year or so.
                Yes, Wladimir's IBF mandatory could be decided as early as December.

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...uzhe-v-dekabre

As reported in an interview www.papatomski.com Polish heavyweight Tomasz Adamek (46-2, 28 KOs) in the event of a win over American Travis Walker (39-7-1, 31 KOs) in a semi-final qualifier, which will take place on 8 September, he plans to meet with the winner of the other semifinal pairs, Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev (16-0, 8 KOs) or Belarusian Alexander Ustinov (27-0, 21 KOs).

"If I defeat Travis Walker, I'll climb to second place in the ranking of the IBF, and already in December, I will fight for the mandatory ranking," said Adamek.
                I think Kubrat Pulev will win this eliminator.

Comment

This fight has potential IMO. Wach is a hungry undefeated (yet largely untested) contender who is technically sound, has good endurance and power. Wach is a slow starter though and is not the nimblest of big men. He does have tremendous size and reach and it will be interesting to see Wlad the smaller boxer. I'm hoping Wach makes it competitive and gives Wlad some adversity that he hasn't seen in some time...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    I don't like it either but even the greats had an easy fight here and there.
                    Wlad is a top 16 all time great in my opinion. He could still go up but would have been much higher already had his comp not blown so much. Many greats did fight the occasional easy fight or undeserving fighter. Wlad, because of the crappy circumstances of his era, does it far to often. Again though that isn't his fault and he's faced the best he could.

Comment

Working...
                    X