Collapse
No announcement yet.

TEDDY ATLAS: "I`m confused at the Big Shots at HBO"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a double edged sword maybe. That deal in the contract probably helped the fight get made and all that. But if one of them underperforms and even quits and people don't want to see them again, then they are forced down our throats when we don't want to see them on TV again at least until the redeem themselves. Not to mention that a big chunk of HBO's boxing budget is going toward a couple of guys who are largely unknown to the casual fan. Ultimately I agree with Atlas. I think the bad outweighs the good.

This isn't to say Bradley doesn't deserve to be on HBO again because he does given that he always looks to fight and is aggressive. But Alexander sure as hell doesn't. But I think both guys got overpaid and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they raised hell which was kind of understandable. Alexander's trainer said they should get paid at least close to what Khan makes given that it was at least the second most important fight to be made in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      Has nothing to do with these fighters being black. It has to do with HBO paying undeserving fighters millions of dollars and reducing HBO's budget for future fights that may not happen because they blew their wad on fights like Berto vs Joe Shmo and guaranteeing the loser of Bradley/Alexander another million dollar payday.
      HBO executives may not be the best matchmakers in boxing but I am sure they know their business. Any business exec worth his salt will never gamble company money on a project that will affect future projects. They embark on projects base on their individual profitability. Your logic here is not use in business, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by serv View Post
        HBO executives may not be the best matchmakers in boxing but I am sure they know their business. Any business exec worth his salt will never gamble company money on a project that will affect future projects. They embark on projects base on their individual profitability. Your logic here is not use in business, sir.
        If they did they would dump Berto and get us about 6 more fights for every one they pay him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          If they did they would dump Berto and get us about 6 more fights for every one they pay him.
          As I said they are not good matchmakers. Besides, the execs I believe want to try their hands on things other than their core competence such as promoting boxers and matchmaking. They got themselves burned for it.

Comment

if I was a fighter I'd do my best to stay undefeated...it should be that way, y would anyone want a flawed record?...money is temporary happiness.. a true fighter would regret the L he took for the rest of his life
            Last edited by RisAri0; 02-07-2011, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
              Yep, 334 people. Nice prediction that you couldn't even back up with a source. Here's my source, it's ESPN and it was over 6300 people. Your creditability as a journalist is a joke.

LMAO!!!

You didn't know that they handed out free tix to the military/police/firemen that night?

Comment

Working...
              X