Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto a tougher opponent for Floyd...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that have the Cotto is gatti(RIP) mentality, you've got to go back to your sandboxes. There isn't a comparison. Cotto is a more complete fighter than Gatti was. Oscar and Cotto? How can you really compare? Oscar was bigger and maybe stronger, but to think that Cotto was not in his league is crazy. I remember the days when Cotto called Oscar out, yes he did, I think it would have been a nail biter no matter who would have won.

Course Floyd is a superior Boxer than cotto is. Sure he sat on his punches a bit with Ortiz. What does that mean? Let him plant his feet on Cotto. That makes him more hittable and less illusive. Zab had better hand speed than Floyd, what good did that do him against Cotto? He still got timed and clocked. This version of Floyd is doubtful that has the one punch KO power that Zab had. So how exactly is Floyd going to kill cotto? Ah, that's right. Cotto is just a heavy bag that won't be able to hit back. That's right. GTFO.. Floyd may win, he's supposed to win. Sounds like the suicide rate will increase come May 6th, when everyone still sees Cotto standing at the final bell, whichever round that may come at.

Comment

• Great post........

Great post here except......" think it would have been a nail biter no matter who would have won."

Cotto will win on May 5th due to his precise timing and ability to get on his toes to give different looks to opponents. No way Floyd can throw 40-45 punches against an A-level opponent who has a lot more left than these humanoids think.

As for the Oscar vs Cotto comment; Oscar was too smart, too fast, and would have been too strong for Cotto, especially at 154. It would have been about a six round fight man. Same goes for Tito vs Cotto. Those fighters were unique and much better than this era to be honest. They were big, strong, had quick hands and great fundamentals. Unless you were bigger than them, it would have been difficult to defeat them. Floyd would have suffered the same against a prime Oscar and Tito. Different breed man.

Comment

• Come fight night, Cotto will look soft and smaller while Floyd will look fresh and bigger.
        Money going to tax dat ass.

Comment

• This thread just proved it, the majority in this site are straight up ******ed, somebody here actually said that Cotto is smarter in the ring than Oscar ever was! WHATDAFUCCCK!? Doesn't matter if Cotto in his prime vs Oscar in his prime, there is NOTHING! that Cotto surpasses Oscar in, ring IQ? Oscar by miles, power? Oscar!, Speed? Oscar, Technique? Obviously Oscar, Defense/offence/footwork/boxer/everything!...Oscar!

They guy gave boxing lessons in his days, do people forget so fast? I guess the fishnets and cocaine clouded everyones memory more than I thought. And yes if a 2007 Oscar fought 2012 Cotto, Oscar would beat Cotto no doubt.

Comment

Working...
          X