Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about Demetrius Andrade? Kids got crazy hand speed. He Cocky too.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
    BTW I havent read this thread but seeing the title I would also like to add that this kid is already a prima donna and hasn't done jack ****.

Guys like him and Andre Berto are what's wrong with this sport.
    The put in zero work and think they deserve big title shots, on top of being arrogant and cocky when they haven't done crap.

I miss the days of warriors like Morales, Barrera and others who grinding their way to the top with hardwork and dedication.

FWIW don't be shocked if Andrade hooks up with Haymon and starts stealing HBO money as well. Dude has talent, but not the work ethic or humility to match it.
    Very true. The networks put way too much stock into untested prospects and give them too much, way too early. When they don't pull crowds, stop impressing and don't seem to improve enough, yet still get massive amounts of dough, people wonder why boxing is going to ****.

Prospects with talent are not rare at all. Prospects with talent and the will to keep getting better and learning, with the heart of a great champ are really ****ing rare and jumping on the wagon early will most often lead to nothing. It's a pity because it (guys like Berto, Andrade etc) takes a lot away from those excellent young fighters who are really developing quickly but don't have the same backing. Guys who have true world class possibilities.

Anyway, he's ok. He has some really major flaws though and I don't think is close to being worth the hype that already surrounds him. There are so many young guys with really fast hands that seem to impress everyone, and yet are so very unimpressive. They have fast hands and get hacks out of there with flurries but they are seriously lacking in good fundamentals of boxing.

One of the other major problems with boxing for young guys and the sport overall is the lack of good trainers. There used to be a Freddie Roach in every city teaching young guys with fast hands proper skills and good technique. Sadly, many of these guys are being taught poorly by people with little real knowledge. Roach used to be the norm, but is now sadly some mystical amazing trainer? That's one of the greatest problems facing boxing by far. There are no Arcels, Browns, Futchs, etc anymore. Even the great trainers today don't have nearly the knowledge of guys like them and it is a really big problem because so many young fighters lack the necessary forethought and basic skills to fall back on. Instead, when things are not just a basic walk in the park, you see their real training come out and they are wild, amateurish, and poorly trained.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
      How do you feel about Demetrius Andrade? Kids got crazy hand speed.

"tell me Im the best daddy"

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
        That has always been the best style throughout the history of boxing.....
        NOWAY...
        boxer or boxer-puncher is always be the best

Comment

Working...
        X