Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis vs Roy Jones: who ranks higher on the ATG list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
    Kessler? Benn? you have any info to back this up?
    My mistake.. I stand corrected with Kessler because Jones was already campaigning at LH by the time Kessler became champion..

Benn is a different story.. Their caeers ran identical paths.. Both fought at MW and SMW between 89-96.. I know Benn wanted Jones, but he got McClellan instead, where as Jones fought neither of them.. Jones fought mainly IBF contenders, who in my opinion were at the shallow end of the pool..
    Last edited by mickey malone; 03-27-2010, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
      That's the Foreman myth? I'm disappointed. Cause here I thought he was 20-0 with 19 knockouts in his comeback, at the time Tyson fought that nobody Buster Douglas.

Holyfield moved to HW in 88 and had a pretty decent HW resume by 90.

Haven't you been crying for the Klits to fight Haye since before Valuev, when he'd faced absolutely no one?
      You're still talking as if the Holyfield fight wasn't going to happen. Why? It was going to go down until Mike went to prison. How can you not know this?

The Foreman myth is that Mike ducked him, which isn't true. That fight didn't even go to the negotiation table.

And no I haven't been crying for the Klits to fight anybody. I would rather watch paint dry than watch them fight.

Comment

"Entertaining" isn't a factor in determining the greatness of a fighter. If it where Floyd Mayweather would be a club fighter and Arturo Gatti would be the GOAT.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          "Entertaining" isn't a factor in determining the greatness of a fighter. If it where Floyd Mayweather would be a club fighter and Arturo Gatti would be the GOAT.

Poet
          lmao

Comment

lmao
            Seriously! I really hate it when you try and discuss how great certain fighters where and people bring up how entertaining they where as if it has any bearing on who was better.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              Seriously! I really hate it when you try and discuss how great certain fighters where and people bring up how entertaining they where as if it has any bearing on who was better.

Poet
              I was hoping to have a interesting debate, but instead all I get is opinions stated as facts and accusations of being a fanboy, lol

EDIT:
              On further thought after watching another entertaining Tyson highlight vid on Youtube, I have now decided to place him at no 1 on my ATG list

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                My mistake.. I stand corrected with Kessler because Jones was already campaigning at LH by the time Kessler became champion..

Benn is a different story.. Their caeers ran identical paths.. Both fought at MW and SMW between 89-96.. I know Benn wanted Jones, but he got McClellan instead, where as Jones fought neither of them.. Jones fought mainly IBF contenders, who in my opinion were at the shallow end of the pool..
                Benn wanted to fight Jones after McClellan back in 95

Comment

I was hoping to have a interesting debate, but instead all I get is opinions stated as facts and accusations of being a fanboy, lol

EDIT:
                  On further thought after watching another entertaining Tyson highlight vid on Youtube, I have now decided to place him at no 1 on my ATG list

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                    You pleading for a case is your last resort in getting the last word in. It's what you say when you have nothing of value to say to combat what I just said to you. I say Holyfield was sliding in 99, and you say to plead my case? I thought that was common knowledge?
                    Two great wins over Tyson and ko win over Moorer, but he was on the slide in your opinion?
                    It was also common knowledge that Douglas was going to get wiped out by Tyson, if you get my point.
                    You're a wannabe attorney who just tries to tell people to plead their case for every remark they make, and that's now how forums work - this is not the supreme court, and you are not a defending attorney like you pretend to be. Am I going to have to plead my case for that last remark? Just read every post you've made on this thread - the jury will agree you're annoying and are asking for things that just aren't there.
                    lmao
                    All the guys you listed above that Tyson fought, while they were good fighters, some were past prime, but here's the difference: Tyson decimated that kind of opposition. He made Larry Holmes look like a bum - a Larry Holmes that would have beat Lennox in a UD.
                    Is that the same Larry Holmes who was way past prime and took the fight at around 7 weeks notice?
                    See that's the difference. Lennox fought past prime guys, or guys who aren't very good and never did anything spectacular with them, despite their lack of skills. When I can't sleep at night do you know what I do? I watch a Lennox Lewis highlight video, and it puts me right to sleep.
                    You know if you put done Lewis's resume, you also put down Tyson's:
                    Common Opponents:
                    Tyrell Biggs
                    Donovan Ruddock
                    Tony Tucker
                    Frank Bruno
                    Evander Holyfield
                    Francois Botha
                    Andrew Golota
                    Or were these guys all prime when Tyson fought then and then completely shot when Lewis fought them according to you?
                    Those are just my opinions, whether there is an article written by somebody out there to back it up is irrelevant, it's just what I think, aside from you and other Lewis huggers.
                    Fixed it for you

Comment

If you make a claim you'd best be prepared to back it up with some facts: Your "opinion" plus $4 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X