No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Karim Mayfield Eyes Saturday’s Rios-Alvarado Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Karim Mayfield Eyes Saturday’s Rios-Alvarado Winner

Junior welterweight contender Karim Mayfield will be watching this Saturday’s rematch between Brandon Rios and Mike Alvarado very closely, and with good reason.

“Mark Rios from the WBO told my team that I’m going to be the number one contender, so I definitely want the winner and get a shot at a title,” Mayfield told BoxingScene.com/CSNBayArea.com on Wednesday.

Rios-Alvarado II will have the WBO 140-pound interim world title at stake, and with full-fledged titleholder Juan Manuel Marquez likely to stay north at welterweight, Saturday’s victor would theoretically occupy his spot. [Click Here To Read More]

I thought Mayfield was a Haymon fighter?

Comment

I hope i never see Mayfield fight again,he is terrible,like a poor mans shot shane mosley

Comment

Mayfield seems to think he could be great

But he just seems to be a sparring partner... about time he stepped up and took a big fight? or just isn't getting the opportunity?

Comment

I totally agree!!!Mayfield is a horrible fighter and I would be fine not ever seen him fight again!

Comment

He whooped Pacquiaos ass in Sparring

Comment

More like the loser , there are some other options though Allakhardiev or Provodnikov

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane00 View Post
                And your point is? Mayfield is garbage no matter how you put it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane00 View Post
                  I just can not see how that is even remotely possible

Comment

I think Mayfield should get the loser of this fight..It would reflect better to the stage he is at in his career..Fight the loser of this fight,then try to get ya self in there with the big boys..

Comment

Working...
                    X