No announcement yet.

[photo] Khan using a neck strength machine under Virgil Hunter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Jesus, bro, what kind of equipment are you using? Here's a link to the headstrap I used to use years ago: http://www.ironmind-store.com/A-Head...ductinfo/1232/

The product is more expensive than I recall; but if you're serious, it's worth it. The materials and design are about as comfortable as these contraptions get.
    Yeah that does look like it would be comfortable...I use the ones that they have at the gyms. Expensive is right though.
    Last edited by jaded; 10-26-2012, 01:59 AM.

Comment

He should just do what Floyd does. No fancy machines needed.

Comment

Maybe if he learnt to keep his chin tucked in and keep a tighter guard then...oh, never mind whatever you say Virgil.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          I have have a feeling you have never been hit with a good hook to the side of you head. All your nerves come out through your vertebrates down your body...this is your central nervous system. Sharp sideways pressure on them travels to the nerves. It can send shockwaves through your body. I know because the 1st time I took a good right hook from my sparring partner I felt a wave run down my right arm. I was so mad I wanted to retaliate with the most vicious shot I could take at him...but my right arm was like a wet noodle and hardly moved. Fortunately a second later that wave reversed and I had my arm back.

That was 13 years ago and I immediately started training my neck. Today I have a neck like a bull. A crunch to the vertebrae can cause anything from what I described to a flash knock down...or total loss of your legs and getting KTFO. The only reason you say what you said is because you haven't a clue what you are talking about. But thanks for your explanation all the same.
          Your example is kinda wasted since you didnīt get knocked out. Besides
          Iīve being hit with huge elbow to the side of the chin playing basket ball once, so hard that I tasted dust coming off my back teeth. I didnīt felt anything like what you are describing and my neck was 100% untrained at that time. Some people can handle brain trauma and sudden acceleration from punches better than others, a stronger neck wont help Khan at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
            Your example is kinda wasted since you didnīt get knocked out. Besides
            Iīve being hit with huge elbow to the side of the chin playing basket ball once, so hard that I tasted dust coming off my back teeth. I didnīt felt anything like what you are describing and my neck was 100% untrained at that time. Some people can handle brain trauma and sudden acceleration from punches better than others, a stronger neck wont help Khan at all.
            Yeah ok...riveting comparison. I didn't say chin...I said hook to the side of the head (a sideways hit close to the cervical vertebrae). Don't compare a sport with an objective of sinking balls through hoops with one where the objective is punch the other guy in the head.
            Last edited by jaded; 10-28-2012, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Who is comparing sports lol?. And why do you insist on defending that point?. Khanīs problem isnīt cervical, he just reacts badly when his brain is put in motion by punches... notice that his latest knock down came from a punch to the top of the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
                Who is comparing sports lol?. And why do you insist on defending that point?. Khanīs problem isnīt cervical, he just reacts badly when his brain is put in motion by punches... notice that his latest knock down came from a punch to the top of the head.
                I never gave any thought to Khan...I don't think much will help him. I'm just talking basics...if you don't think having a stronger neck is going to help a boxer...good for you.

Comment

Its a mind control device. The guy on the left is transmitting and Khan is receiving.

Comment

What happend to khans elite 2.0 level neck last night?

Comment

Khan needs padding inserted in his skull to stop his brain rattling around.

Comment

Working...
                      X