No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James Toney Rips Hopkins, Talks Tarver and Lebedev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James Toney Rips Hopkins, Talks Tarver and Lebedev

Future hall of famer James Toney is seeking to write another chapter in his storied career, as he looks to do what Roy Jones couldn't earlier this year -- defeat cruiserweight Denis Lebedev in his native Russia.

[Click Here To Read More]

"Bitch Hop" He knows.

Pretty cool interview. I don't like Toney but I agree with pretty much everything he said.
    Last edited by Bombs; 10-19-2011, 12:09 PM.

Comment

toney wants a fight with bhop... that's what it is.. who wouldn't want bhop on their resume..

Comment

Toney embarrassed himself by fighting in the UFC, and he's been calling everyone out when he has no business in the heavyweight division. Ill be shocked if he wins this fight, but when someone talks too much i like to see his actions speak louder and with Toney he would have to win by first round knockout to overcome his **** talking.

Comment

why the **** did toney get so fat and out of shape in the first place. he was one of my favorite fighters at 160-168

Comment

after the roy jones fight toney said he had trouble making 168. did he have trouble make 175 also cause i just don't see why he decided to get fat and go to cruiser the HW

Comment

I agtree w/almost all he's said but let's wait and see what he brings tot he table this time...age hasn't been good to him and he's not actually fighting a world-beater that just beat a washed up Jones...

Comment

Toney is the only real old school fighter today

If you just watch the history of this guy and know him like I do, Inside out, he is one of the greatest to fighters in years. He will always beat most of these people because he was born tuff and knows boxing inside out. The only time you will beat him is with movement and by being first; if he dictate the pace. Hang it up! He draws people in, bait them and counter. Easy as 1,2,3. If he had any discipline he would be the only person being talked about in boxing today. Out of Michigan fighters I would rank Bernard Mays as most talented. James best skills, Thomas Hearns best killer instinct. James would never have beat a Roy Jones because of style but if you come to fight he's got a shot at King kong!

Comment

Toney is way more old school than B-Hop. Both B-Hop and Holyfield squeezed a few extra victories late in their careers strictly by leading with their heads and fouling their old asses off!! James Toney NEVER pulled that bull****!! Toney's only foul is his Pillsbury doughboy grotesque body. Whereas, BHop & Holyfield live disciplined lifestyles to stay in immaculate shape.

Comment

I don't see Toney winning this fight unless he goes back 10 years in time to the Jirov fight, but it's good to see that he's motivated to make the cruiserweight limit. It's not healthy for a man of his height to weigh over 250 pounds.

A fight with Tarver would be interesting if Toney puts up a respectable effort against Lebedev. Both are old and it's better that they're fighting each other than some young and hungry up and comer.

Comment

Working...
                    X