No announcement yet.

David Haye vs Henry Cooper

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Haye vs Henry Cooper

Just finished watching Cooper-Bugner and I noticed how good his jab was. Considering Cooper was old by this time he still had it and should've got the decision.

Haye has problems with the jab, even Fragomeni who's small for a cruiserweight managed to tag him a few times. Up at heavyweight Ruiz had a tiny bit of success.

Prime 4 Prime ( Whatever you consider each fighter's prime )
    Heavyweight
    12 Rounds

Personally I think that if Haye's going to win this he needs to get Cooper out early-ish. The later the fight goes the more it becomes Cooper's fight, Haye's stamina isn't great and Cooper is used to the 15 rounds. Cooper was very susceptible to cuts which can change the course of a fight in an instant.

I believe this fight doesn't go the distance and Cooper picks up the stoppage.
    David Haye
    52.38%
    Henry Cooper
    47.62%

its a 50/50 fight and both have their pitfalls

Comment

Haye would be too big and too fast. Unless Henry gets a home run left hook in, he gets sliced up and stopped in the mid rounds. Cooper is another small heavyweight from the past who gets overrated here. If you're picking him to win this fight then you must be totally unimpressed by Haye. I mean I can't see Haye losing in his home country to clubfighters like Roger Rischer or Amos Johnson. And that happened between the two Ali fights.

Comment

David Haye is a good fighter. I know he's not everybody on boxing scene's cup of tea but that man can PUNCH and FAST! He's also a big guy, he just seems small in this era of giants! I think Our Enry is taking a nap and i actually think its by the 4th or 5th

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Haye would be too big and too fast. Unless Henry gets a home run left hook in, he gets sliced up and stopped in the mid rounds. Cooper is another small heavyweight from the past who gets overrated here. If you're picking him to win this fight then you must be totally unimpressed by Haye. I mean I can't see Haye losing in his home country to clubfighters like Roger Rischer or Amos Johnson. And that happened between the two Ali fights.
          I have only seen Haye fight Valuev, Ruiz, and Harrison. And I have not been that impressed with him. I have seen quite a few Cooper fights and I think he was better. Haye does not even look that fast to me.

Comment

haye would win this by kayo cooper would not be able to get insider as hayes jab keeps him off balance as the fight gets to the middle rounds haye captures cooper with a one two to the chin and cooper is out for the ten count

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              To be honest I'm shocked that anybody would pick Cooper to win this fight. Cooper gets too much hype from knocking down a 21 year old Cassius Clay. Haye has too many advantages to realistically think Cooper would win.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                To be honest I'm shocked that anybody would pick Cooper to win this fight. Cooper gets too much hype from knocking down a 21 year old Cassius Clay. Haye has too many advantages to realistically think Cooper would win.
                I have not seen Haye do anything that impressive at Heavyweight. He is a little bigger but he looks bulked up. I think Cooper would have a good chance of winning just because I have seen more of his fights and he has fought better fighters. Haye has to show me more before I think he could beat even someone like Cooper. Although maybe in some of Hayes fights bellow Heavyweight he has looked better. I just have not seen them. One day I may think Haye is better but he has lots to prove to me still.
                Last edited by Holtol; 01-15-2011, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Bugner vs Cooper is on ESPN classic right now and although i voted for cooper i wouldnt be that confident in him beating haye,he would be at a huge disadvantage in quite a few areas but we have never really seen haye truly tested at HW so difficult to say

Comment

Fuck what Cooper did to Ali.

Cooper gets overrated here?

Really?

I never see him getting talked about in a head-2-head sense. The only thing I've ever seen Cooper's name being mentioned about is the Ali knockdown/glove fiasco.

Comment

Working...
                    X