No announcement yet.

British P4P Ratings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British P4P Ratings

Burns has to be number 2 now after that result.

1 - Froch
    2 - Burns
    3 - Haye
    4 - Khan
    5 - Brook
    6 - Frampton
    7 - Cleverly
    8 - Macklin
    9 - Groves
    10 - Quigg, Munroe, Fury, Price, Barker, Murray, Saunders, DeGale, Bellew, etc.

Of course, this is just a fantasy list & I do not expect ANYONE to agree with my rankings. In fact, mine will probably be different tomorrow :*******:

The fighters contained in the list look fine. I'd just have Groves higher than ninth and Khan a bit lower than fourth.

1. Froch
    2. Burns
    3. Haye
    4. Brook
    5. Groves
    6. Cleverly
    7. Macklin
    8. Khan
    9. Frampton
    10. Bellew

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan RFC View Post
      The fighters contained in the list look fine. I'd just have Groves higher than ninth and Khan a bit lower than fourth.
      I did think about Khan but he has beaten better fighters than anyone else (other than Froch) in the last 3 years & you could argue he beat Peterson & was winning the Garcia fight before getting clumsy. Against a fellow champ who had beaten an all time great in Morales.

So I rated Khan still fairly high although I have no issues with him being lower (he has, in reality, lost his last two fights).

And I love Groves but he has yet to beat a top fighter, just a couple of fellow prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan RFC View Post

1. Froch
        2. Burns
        3. Haye
        4. Brook
        5. Groves
        6. Cleverly
        7. Macklin
        8. Khan
        9. Frampton
        10. Bellew
        I know it's everyone's own opinion but how can u have khan so low , are u telling me that maklin,cleverly and groves have beaten better opposition than khan ? Maklin has been ko'd severall times and doesn't have any world class wins , cleverly has been matched easily and struggled against an average tony bellew and groves has a worse defence than khan and has not boxed at world level . Even brook shouldn't be higher than khan he struggled like **** with jones who is nothing special .

I'd have
        1 Foch
        2 haye
        3 khan
        4 burns
        5 brook
        6 cleverly
        7 Magee
        8 frampton
        9 Rees
        10 groves/degale

Feel free to rip my list but that's my opinion

Comment

froch
          khan
          haye

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesv3 View Post
            I know it's everyone's own opinion but how can u have khan so low , are u telling me that maklin,cleverly and groves have beaten better opposition than khan ? Maklin has been ko'd severall times and doesn't have any world class wins , cleverly has been matched easily and struggled against an average tony bellew and groves has a worse defence than khan and has not boxed at world level . Even br ook shouldn't be higher than khan he struggled like **** with jones who is nothing special .
            I have Khan so low because he hasn't exactly shone since scraping by Maidana. Sure, he knocked Judah out, but he's not been covered in glory recently. He fought Peterson, whose only credible result until then came from a gift of a draw against Ortiz, and lost a close decision. The Garcia KO was unlucky because his one major flaw was exposed probably by his gameplan instead of a mistake.

I'd say 1-3 are genuine world title contenders, while 4-10 are either a title fight or title and contendership fights away from entering the world class ranks.

As for Macklin, he would have beaten Sturm if the fight took place anywhere other than Germany and there is no shame in getting knocked out by many people's P4P #3 in the world so, in my opinion, Macklin has had the better run recently.

I agree with Cleverly's lack of opposition, but the talent is already there with him. I reckon it's more a case of Warren doesn't want to risk his big tap into the Welsh market than Clev not being able to unify the division.

Groves, I might have been a bit too kind with him but his last three fights have all been demolitions. The only thing he's missing for a push at a world belt is a win against a recognised opponent in the SMW division. I'd probably move him to 8th, now you mention it.

Comment

Froch
              Burns
              Haye
              Khan
              Cleverly
              Macklin
              Brook
              Afolabi
              Groves

Honourable mentions;

Magee