No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward on Brawling: ‘I’ve Been Trained to Be a Master’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ward on Brawling: ‘I’ve Been Trained to Be a Master’

Andre Ward, the reigning super middleweight world champion, will face Edwin Rodriguez in a non-title affair Saturday night in Ontario, Calif. At 26-0 with 14 knockouts, the Oakland, Calif., native has risen to the second spot in the pound-for-pound rankings with his ability to dominate opponents and render them unable to perform at their best.

However, Ward acknowledged that the sport has evolved in recent years to where he feels his particular skill set might not be appreciated.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Amen to this!

Comment

Where is this ridiculous assertion that boxing fans only now like watching blood and guts coming from? That's the way the sport has always been, since day one. It's a sport where the objective is to punch another human being more than he punches you. Of course people want to see exciting fights. It's always been that way.

Ward is not a boring fighter. He never runs, he often brings the fight to his opponents. He fights inside, he fights outside. Most his boring fights are because he's that much better than his opponents, which he can hardly be blamed for because he still brings the fight.
      Last edited by bojangles1987; 11-16-2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

hatton & rios = brawlers
        andre ward = WARNING WATCHING THIS FIGHT MIGHT CAUSE DROWSINESS

Comment

This is nothing new. Everybody from Holmes to Whitaker went through the same thing. The same arguments in boxing that are taking place now were taking place 20,30,40,50,60 years ago.

And what else is consistent is that winners and elite champions make good money and go to the hall of fame which is the highest achievement possible in this sport.

So all I have to say is shut the **** up and win. The rest will take care of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Andre Ward, the reigning super middleweight world champion, will face Edwin Rodriguez in a non-title affair Saturday night in Ontario, Calif. At 26-0 with 14 knockouts, the Oakland, Calif., native has risen to the second spot in the pound-for-pound rankings with his ability to dominate opponents and render them unable to perform at their best.

However, Ward acknowledged that the sport has evolved in recent years to where he feels his particular skill set might not be appreciated.
            [Click Here To Read More]
            The sport is boxing . That is what he does. I like brawlers as much as anyone. But he shouldn't be critized for being a boxer in the sport of boxing. It's the promoters job to find some who can knock him out if his style doesn't attract . He shouldn't have to compromise his style . When your win your doing good. You train to win.

Comment

The sport is boxing . That is what he does. I like brawlers as much as anyone. But he shouldn't be critized for being a boxer in the sport of boxing. It's the promoters job to find some who can knock him out if his style doesn't attract . He shouldn't have to compromise his style . When your win your doing good. You train to win.

Comment

I am a blood and guts fight fan !!

Ruslan P. is quickly is on my 5 top lists of favorites.

I like Andre but some of his fights and his style is not to my liking HOWEVER I like Andre Ward.

I feel certain he KO's Rodrigus sp

One day he will face Stevenson or Klovac sp, who can spell these names, and we will see a great fight

The Day he faces GGG will be his first LOSS, maybe by KO

Comment

congrats on the win.. good luck making fans with thay approach.

Comment

Originally posted by reflex+speed=me View Post
                    hatton & rios = brawlers
                    andre ward = WARNING WATCHING THIS FIGHT MIGHT CAUSE DROWSINESS
                    Its funny how Ward and Bhop can out Brawl anyone but are known as boring

Comment

Working...
                    X