Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins got beat by the stick of karma last night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bernard is made from a different cloth. Opinions you infidels give have no impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Whats new

You going against the norm just to piss people off and to get as many replies on your thread as possible

You and G Dog are just some sad kids
      Don't worry bro, you don't have to worry about it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Met-Rx View Post
        LMAO good thread... i will never lose to a black person LMAO u did!!!! hahahahaha
        I have no idea what youre talking about?
        Last edited by cleaner147; 12-19-2010, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
          Bernard is made from a different cloth. Opinions you infidels give have no impact.
          tell'em bro

Comment

Originally posted by markfrombrookly View Post
            LOL Of course a Canadian would approve. This is obviously a bias thread.
            Whats with all the Canadian remarks?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                Bernard is made from a different cloth. Threads you infidels make have no impact.
                stfu BHOP is not a "real" muslim... :wank:

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
                  I'm a firm believer that what goes around comes around. You might think he won last night and that's your right, but officially, he failed.

But I think this is a fitting end to a man who's entire career was based around fraudulence. From his mythical 20 defenses against blown up WW's, bums and no hopers, to the way he always tried to make his next fight even worse, more boring and unwatchable than the last.

Not to mention, one of the dirtiest most disgusting and racist fighters that ever lived.

So excuse me for not giving a flying fuck that you think you got robbed.

I consider that payback for all the bullshit you put boxing through the last 15 years.

You've worn out your welcome long ago old man, take the hint and gtfo.
                  While I agree that he didn't have 20 defenses of the ACTUAL Middleweight title, he had more defenses than VIRTUALLY all other alphabet champions. Considering how many ABC champions are out there, that's still a quality accomplishment.

The fact that you find it fitting to blame him for his lack of real competition shows how biased your entire post is going to turn out to begin with. But, regardless of that, let's assume they all sucked. He continued to pick them apart and beat his mandatory opponents and was undefeated AT THE TOP OF HIS DIVISION for over a decade.

Name another fighter that can make that claim. Either while Hopkins did it or now, for that matter. 10 ****ing years, plus. Not 8 years. Not 7 or 6. 10 PLUS.

Name another man with ANY TITLE for more than 10 years in the last 20 years. ANY FIGHTER. Then, weed out the champions that are less then 35 years old. Then, weed out the guys that never gained the TRUE championship in their divisions.

You can argue all you want about how little competition there is/was, the fact of the matter is that anybody who looked decent during his run, Hopkins made them look pathetic.

As far as the blown up Welterweight comment. Jesus, kid. Grow the **** up. Name a top level fighter that didn't face someone that had a big name coming up.

De La Hoya has done it. Felix Trinidad has done it. Julio Cesar Chavez did it. For Christ's sake, Marvin Hagler (in the same division as Hopkins, no less) had two of his biggest fights with natural Welterweights.

The difference between Hopkins and the aforementioned fighters? Hopkins was able to suffer a set back after a decade of dominance or so, and move up and immediately challenge and beat the TRUE Light Heavyweight champion of the world. You know, that whole thing.

RESUME:
                  - 20 plus years active fighting, the majority of those years at the top of the game. At the very least, half of those years.

- A decade of being the very best in your division and beating everyone you faced, unifying the titles for the first time in years and keeping them that way until you lost two close fights back to back to a much younger man.

- He has held both the TRUE Middleweight championship and the TRUE Light Heavyweight championship. He also could have reasonably won both of them back, with a rematch that could have gone either way against Taylor and with the Pascal fight last night, respectively.

Name another fighter with similar accomplishments. Not just in the last few decades. I'm talking about, EVER.

Name ANYONE. I don't care how weak their divisions were. How bad the champions fought. How poor the competition was. Name.... ANYONE. With even SIMILAR accomplishments. I guarantee you don't have more then 5 names that genuinely stack up. If that.

He faced..

Felix Trinidad
                  Oscar De La Hoya
                  Roy Jones (twice)
                  Antonio Tarver
                  Jermain Taylor (twice)
                  Kelly Pavlik
                  Winky Wright
                  Joe Calzaghe
                  Glen Johnson
                  Jean Pascal

Note, I left out all the top contenders at Middleweight that he faced. You know, the highest ranked guys that he continued to dominate on a regular basis.

His record against these fighters?

7(4) - 4 - 1. I don't care who was old, or who was smaller. ALL FIGHTERS HAVE FACED SIMILAR OPPONENTS WITH SIMILAR CIRCUMSTANCES.

Pavlik has not looked the same. Only man to stop Trinidad and Johnson. First man to stop De La Hoya. Even when Jones beat him, he looked ordinary and when he moved up to face Tarver, he didn't lose a single, solitary round. Not one. Also, aside from the two flash knockdowns last night, none of these guys came close to dropping him/hurting him.

He also could make a case for almost all of his losses except two.

I get that he's a polarizing figure, and a lot of people simply don't like the man.

But, these aren't really opinions. This is what he's done.

I'm not asking for ANY other kind of response except one...... show me someone who matches him. The more recent, the more respectable the reply will be.

Comment

this same dickhead at it again

Comment

Working...
                    X