No announcement yet.

Peperation time for amateur fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peperation time for amateur fight

How many months should you allow to prepare for an amateur fight. I will be fighting competitively at middleweight soon im 70kg and 21 years old and want to be at the very peak of my fitness.

Currently im running everyday in the morning either a 4.5 mile jog (7 minute miles), or 60m sprints (15 times all under 13 seconds) on alternate days. il have a protein shake and then do a 10 exercise circuit including burpees, press ups, sit ups etc. it is hard but i dont feel im pushing it very hard at all but dont know how to go about setting up a proper boxing regime.

i want absoloute vigorous workout suggestions that will push me to the point of throwing up to make sure my fitness is impecable. i want an extremely tough workout but one that i will be able to keep up every single day because bare in mind i got to university aswell,

also suggestions of what my workrate should be inbetween fights would be useful aswell.

thanks

i suggest 12 weeks, but only when you have some experience in boxing already(training)

Comment

Do you do any actual boxing training?

Comment

your times are very slow,you are not ready,and starting today can you eliminate the burpees,you are not training properly i suggest you contact freddie roach and ask him to send you a starters guide,read it carefully,how long have you been doing burpees

Comment

why dont you ask your coach or get him to prepare you for it?

Comment

i go boxing training 3 times a week, burpees is what my trainer does with us in circuits for core training. ok suggest a routine and what times i should be able to run

Comment

Working...
            X