Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the fighters that ended up punch drunk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    I think it's more than a sinus problem... He has trouble putting words together.
    Maybe so. But a few people that have met him have told me they had no problem understanding.

Hope it's not that. He spent all of his money on his family and friends, never had a bad word to say about anybody.

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
    is bobby chacon punch drunk I literally I have never seen him out of the ring.
    I'll try dig up the interview. He slurs and seems to be not quite all there at times, but he isn't doing that badly compared to some of the other dudes on the list.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather is showing signs. He seems to have trouble putting sentences together.

He often stutters, and repeats what he says. I don't know if it's something he'll be dealing with in the future, but it's a possibility.

Also Hector Camacho showed signs (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
        Floyd Mayweather is showing signs. He seems to have trouble putting sentences together.

He often stutters, and repeats what he says. I don't know if it's something he'll be dealing with in the future, but it's a possibility.

Also Hector Camacho showed signs (RIP)
        hes always done this. he stutters, has since he was a 20yo

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
          an official list will be nice.

i think my boxing knowledge is vast and IM drawing blanks, a list will be great.
          it's reckoned that at least 30% of all boxers end up with some noticeable degree of impairment. And this includes boxers renowned for their defensive talents, like Niccolino Loche and Willie Pep. There was also Sugar Ray Robinson, Floyd Patterson, Muhammed Ali, both Quarry brothers, Wilfred Benitez, Joe Louis, Jimmy Ellis, Bobby Chacon, Emil Griffith, Fritzie Zivic , Ingemar Johansen ( I think), and Billy Conn. Iran Barkley (I think).

One thing I've noticed PARTICULARLY, is that boxers in the early but noticeable stages, seem to wag their heads from side to side and open their eyes wide, with much lip licking, and constantly repeating themselves, as if they are having difficulty in making themselves understood. It's as if there's some sort of struggle going on inside their heads to articulate properly to get their points over.

It's a shame. The British Medical Association has been trying to have professional boxing outlawed for as long as I can remember. In post mortems they examined the brains of about 20 fighters, and found damage in each one. So I'm not sure but that they are right. Amateur boxing wouldn't assuage the blood lust, but it would help prevent degrading deaths for our heros.

By the same token, the brains of many deceased American Football players have been examined, and (correc me if I'm wrong) I believe that every brain showed signs of some damage.

Comment

Another thread by the 3 stooges. I'm convinced that Bosshog, Maniac and Thuggery are all the same person. If not then they have circle jerk fests with eachother.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              Maybe so. But a few people that have met him have told me they had no problem understanding.

Hope it's not that. He spent all of his money on his family and friends, never had a bad word to say about anybody.

I'll try dig up the interview. He slurs and seems to be not quite all there at times, but he isn't doing that badly compared to some of the other dudes on the list.
              Agreed. According to Stewart Hearns was a notorious nice/shy guy which is why it was so hard to sell him as the destructive force known as the hitman.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                hes always done this. he stutters, has since he was a 20yo
                I've noticed this particularly about Mayweather for the past 3-4 years only, and wrote in about it a long time ago.

From what you're saying, it seems that Mayweather didn't stutter when he was 19.......frankly I never noticed that he stuttered until the last few years. I believe that this can be shown to be missing on earlier on videos.

But, everyone on camera is entitled to a stutter or two. He's not a professional orator......

Comment

Are there many Mexican fighter who slur badly? They're always the ones known for going to war, but I can't think of many who sound punch drunk to me. My Spanish isnt great anyway so maybe I just can't tell.

Comment

Just because someone has trouble putting together sentences in an interview does not necessarily mean they're punch drunk... a lotta times that has to do with not being charismatic, getting nervous around cameras, and tryna think of a good response to a question in an interview that people are going to watch and take note of a lot more than it has to do with brain damage.

Like James Toney is punchdrunk as all hell and he still doesn't shut up the **** up lol. There is not one ounce of chill in that dude's bloodstream whatsoever
                    Last edited by HtotheZ; 02-09-2013, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
                      Are there many Mexican fighter who slur badly? They're always the ones known for going to war, but I can't think of many who sound punch drunk to me. My Spanish isnt great anyway so maybe I just can't tell.
                      Not that I recall of. Even Chavez Sr. seems to be in good health both physically and mentally.

PS you can also add Bowe to the list, he's pretty messed up. Leon Spinks too.
                      Last edited by thuggery; 02-09-2013, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X