Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: Mayweather a Poor Sport, But Shot Was Legal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
    Nope he was hittable.

Damn sweet. Watch the 1:04 - 1:11 mark it was a rally by Victor almost all landed and floyd shakes his head as if to say I wasn't hurt but of course he was lol. Then 2:40 -2:43 Can't you see that?? That was all head?? Clean crisp shots. And the start of the round Victor blocked almost everything Floyd threw. His hands were all up even if floyd threw some shots it was blocked by Victor. Most of Floyd's shots were blocked.
    You're crazy. Mayweather landed 78 of 208 punches and Ortiz landed 26 of 143. Those stats point to Mayweather being ridiculously accurate and even more ridiculously unhittable. For future reference, eliminate emotion when talking boxing. Whether you like the result or not, Mayweather systematically destroyed Ortiz. Any other analysis of the fight is utter nonsense.

Comment

• Keep this in mind if you're fighting Floyd, Pac. Don't even bother touching gloves with Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gooch999 View Post
        every fighter on the planet except pacman would have done the same thing. Being mr nice guy could 1 day hit u in the face like taking the foot off the gas against marga 1 shot and it could of ended
        This is BS. I've never seen anybody who wants to call himself an all-time great sucker punch an opponent like this. And, bear in mind, this is the second time floyd has done it. He also did it to Arturo Gatti.

There is a term for this in baseball: "bush league." A basic definition of "bush league" is something that isn't against the rules, but is classless or against the unwritten rules of the game. It is called "bush" because true professionals, the ones that have "made it," don't resort to such tactics. Only the guys playing in the sticks, "the bush leagues," would do it.

What Floyd did was bush league. Not illegal, but the act of a classless fighter. No true champion would want to win by that. But Floyd has no pride. For him it is all about the "0." We can nickname him Floyd "Cheap Shot" Mayweather or Floyd Calzaghe. Both are appropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
          You're crazy. Mayweather landed 78 of 208 punches and Ortiz landed 26 of 143. Those stats point to Mayweather being ridiculously accurate and even more ridiculously unhittable. For future reference, eliminate emotion when talking boxing. Whether you like the result or not, Mayweather systematically destroyed Ortiz. Any other analysis of the fight is utter nonsense.
          Systematically destroyed? What fight were you watching? He never hurt Ortiz til he sucker punched him. He was winning going away, but he hadn't even buzzed Ortiz. Let's not make things up because it sounds good.

Comment

• This is nothing new from Mayweather. He dropped Gatti in the first round of their fight when Thunder was complaining to the ref. He hit Mosley in the mouth when they were jawing back and forth in their fight. He's a guy that comes to fight. Some fighters like to touch gloves and remain gentleman during the fight. Money isn't one of those guys. Its nothing wrong with that. They're fighting, not playing golf.

Comment

• legal and righteous ko

Comment

• Originally posted by 1prodz View Post
                Honestly no hate at all, that has got to be one of the stupidest post that I have ever read in my life. First off Ortiz is a good fighter and he actually made this fight bigger than it was suppose to be because of his courage and his heart. Secondly Wasn't ugly boy Maynever a 6-1 betting favorite everyone knew that Ortiz was going to come at about 160 that was no secret. Plus isn't one of the Maynevers motto's that skills pay the bills not weight?? So what does 14 pounds have to do with anything when every boxing fan in the world knows that Ortiz does not have the skills that Maynever has. Thirdly how can anybody be proud of knocking a guy down for the ten count with his hands down prove anything. I could guarantee that if Pac fought Ortiz that he would not need his hands down to put him on the canvas. Fourthly wasn't Margarito 165 on fight night against Pacquaio plus he's 5'11 five inches taller than the Pacman. And lastly aren't you all the same Floyd Maynever fans that are calling for Sergio Martinez to move up to super middle because he is 2 inches taller than Floyd and has a 7 -12 pound weight advantage over Floyd. You Maynever fans are probably the easiest to break down because to say a whole lot of nothing to back up your coward!!!!!!!!!!
                I agree with this. Ortiz was hand picked by Mayweather because he knew he could beat him. There is no skill in knocking out a defenseless fighter. What does he have to be proud of? Ortiz did a classless act. A great fighter would have whipped his ass cleanly to prove a point: even with your cheating, dirty tricks, I still beat your ass. Floyd took the gutter route: cheap shot on an unsuspecting fighter. He sank to Ortiz's level. But, to make it worse, Ortiz admitted he was wrong and Floyd acts like he was the lion of chivalry in there. What a joke.

Comment

• If its legal, it ain't cheap

Comment

• Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
                    Systematically destroyed? What fight were you watching? He never hurt Ortiz til he sucker punched him. He was winning going away, but he hadn't even buzzed Ortiz. Let's not make things up because it sounds good.
                    He never buzzed Ortiz? You didn't see the counter check hook he hit Ortiz with in the middle of the secomd round that sent Ortiz in retreat mode? Please, Ortiz was outclassed and systematically destroyed. That's why he resorted to fouling. He was frustrated at the pasting he was taking.

Comment

• I know what mayweather did was messed up but if anyone was paying attention you would have noticed that was not the first time he attempted to head butt, he also did it in round two when he had him against the ropes, when they reply the fight next week watch him, I think this was part of his teams game plan, because I noticed that in every clinch he kept his forehead in Floyd's face.

Comment

Working...
                      X