No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sonny Bill Williams vs. Francois Botha Early Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jr John View Post
    This fight is a total farce sham fight in my opinion,personally when I heard sbw was fighting Botha I thought maybe this would be a dive!but to bothas credit he did come to fight but got screwed in other ways.when did a WBA title fight become a 10 rounder? What needs to happen is the WBA to step in and declare the fight a no contest!
    The title has been previously fought for at both the 10 and 12 round distances however everything leading up to this fight indicated 12 rounds.

Either it's in the contract or it isn't. If it is then there is no justifiable excuse and it should be ruled an NC.

I doubt we see Williams boxing again, certainly not an immediate rematch, and if he did he would probably insist on 10 rounds.

Comment

that result was a joke!

i had botha up 6-4. my final scorecard after both point deductions was botha 95-93. the fight was scheduled for 12 rounds. the bj flores commentary in the adamek\chambers fight was bias but this was some of the most blatantly bias(sounded like they already knew the result before it started)commentary i've ever heard in my life. the ref was way over his head in this fight. botha totally exploited it & double punched him 10 times to the head, hit him on the break a few times, he was talking to him non stop & basically was having fun toying with him. he was standing in his corner, had active feet alnight & did not look tired at all. he was 253lbs for this fight. botha is a durable guy & he won this fight. the scorecards were a complete disgrace & the crowd all knew botha won. i doubt there will be a rematch & after that 10th round i think we may have seen the last of sonny boy in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        i had botha up 6-4. my final scorecard after both point deductions was botha 95-93. the fight was scheduled for 12 rounds. the bj flores commentary in the adamek\chambers fight was bias but this was some of the most blatantly bias(sounded like they already knew the result before it started)commentary i've ever heard in my life. the ref was way over his head in this fight. botha totally exploited it & double punched him 10 times to the head, hit him on the break a few times, he was talking to him non stop & basically was having fun toying with him. he was standing in his corner, had active feet alnight & did not look tired at all. he was 253lbs for this fight. botha is a durable guy & he won this fight. the scorecards were a complete disgrace & the crowd all knew botha won. i doubt there will be a rematch & after that 10th round i think we may have seen the last of sonny boy in the ring.
        I don't know about that, but they knew Williams was ready to go. Were there any punch stats from the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
          That was the most pathetic fight I've seen in a long ass time.

Sonny Williams should have been deducted points for excessive holding many times.

And wtf was up with it being a 10 rounder when it was scheduled a 12 rounder? Not to mention ref saying "30 seconds left" when there was still 1:30 on the click.
          u forgot to mention all the times botha should have been deducted points if not disqualified.

Comment

Originally posted by buster007 View Post
            u forgot to mention all the times botha should have been deducted points if not disqualified.
            STFU, Dunny Bill was hanging on like a *****, Bota was just trying to get him off since the ref weren't doing his job

Comment

Working...
            X