Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Bob Arum and Donaire avoid Guillermo Rigondeaux???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Bob Arum and Donaire avoid Guillermo Rigondeaux???

Rigondeaux-Ramos is set for later this month, a chance for Rigo to show what he's all about against the unbeaten Bantamweight champ Ramos. I know Rigo only has a few professional fights, but he's already 31, in his peak, and his time is now. If he beats Ramos, espcially in convincing fashion, how does he not deserve to fight the winner of Donaire-Vasquez Jr???

But, as we've heard, Bob Arum seems far more content with putting Donaire in their with Arce (a good fighter, past his prime-still good, coming off wins) or Nishioka (a good fighter, coming off wins, prime). I am not taking anything away from Arce or Nishioka, but if Rigo beats Ramos, he should be next for Nonito. In all seriousness, Nonito probably should have fought Arce instead of Vasquez, and Vasquez should have fought Nishioka. Why fight the loser of the Arce-Vasquez fight?

So, once Rigo beats Ramos, it seems likely that Arum will push Nonito away from Rigo, who would be a very dangerous fight the top 10 P4P star.

Do you think they will avoid Rigondeaux???

no cuz donaires contract will be up soon and arum will feed him to the dogs

Comment

I don't think Donaire avoids fighters although his last fight was not that great. Honestly what competition is there for him he should move up.

Comment

Originally posted by El.Naranjito707 View Post
        I don't think Donaire avoids fighters although his last fight was not that great. Honestly what competition is there for him he should move up.
        Perhaps he avoids weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by El.Naranjito707 View Post
          Agreed. Donaire is already in his late 20's, he should move up and quick. I'd fight maybe twice at 122, and than get up to 126 by the end of 2012 for a fight. I'd love to see Donaire move up to 130 by the end of 2013.

At 122: Wilfredo Vasquez, Guillermo Rigondeaux, Jorge Arce.
          At 126: Juan Manuel Lopez, Mikey Garcia, Gary Russell Jr.
          At 130: Yuriorkis Gamboa, Adrien Broner.

There's plenty of fighters for Nonito the next 2-3 years within reach. I really hope Donaire-Gamboa owuld happen, but I doubt it will because Gamboa seems to want to move up to 135-140 eventually by late 2013, where as Donaire would just be getting to 130 or so.

Comment

I love Donaire, but fighting in as irrelevant a division as he is in right now...he needs to move up...fast.

Comment

Bob Arum will not make that fight because he's got plenty of fighters he can match Donaire with.

Comment

@4Cornerz...you know that is going to happen. First things first...Rigo has to beat Ramos. I saw Ramos' last fight. He hung in there to score the KO but I was not impressed by his performance prior to the stoppage so my common boxing IQ tells me that Rigo could beat Ramos. He is a very skilled fighter and Ramos admitted that he doesn't like to get hit [its beyond me why he would tell this to the whole world].

Bob Arum is a real piece of work. He has been involved in promotions for many moons yet he seems to drop the ball when it comes to his fighters. He seems to keep them away from one another to let the fight 'build'. I think that's a huge crock of crap. Lopez and Gamboa aren't afraid of each other. Left up to them...they would have fought one another before Lopez lost to Salido. Bob Arum is screwing the fans over. Not only does he want to keep Pac out of the ring with Floyd...he also wants to put a hold on fights that fans know will be barnburners. I don't support that company.

Comment

he should fight nishioka he is the best in the division and no one else come close. That would be a great fight.

Comment

i know i would

Comment

Working...
                    X