Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Excited, Expects Big Night For Cotto-Trout Event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Excited, Expects Big Night For Cotto-Trout Event

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer was a happy man on Friday. Former three division world champion Miguel Cotto (37-3, 30KOs) announced that he finalized a deal to challenge undefeated WBA "regular" junior middleweight champion Austin Trout (25-0, 14KOs) on December 1st at New York's Madison Square Garden. It will be Cotto's first fight since the twelve round decision loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Several weeks ago, Schaefer advised BoxingScene that Golden Boy would be working with Cotto on his next fight. Cotto was promoted by Top Rank for basically his entire career. His Top Rank contract expired on December 31, 2011. Cotto became a free agent and fought Floyd Mayweather Jr. on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Golden Boy co-promoted that event with Cotto Promotions and Mayweather Promotions. [Click Here To Read More]

LOL Cotto said F**K yo couch to Pac and the cowardly catchweight... This is going to be a great fight!
    Last edited by WESS; 08-31-2012, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Trout will make this fight extremely boring.

Comment

Originally posted by JuanmaLopezATG
        calm down white trash......
        Reported, have a great weekend!

Comment

let's speculate on the undercard. that;s what will make it a big night

Comment

This is the happiest Schaefer i've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
              This is the happiest Schaefer i've heard.
              Well he pretty much took Cotto away from Top Rank. I expect all Cotto fights from now on to be promoted by GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
                Trout will make this fight extremely boring.

I see this as a strong possibility as well.

Anyway, I read Pacquiao is going to fight on Decmeber 8. Are they really going to have two PPVS a week apart?
                Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 08-31-2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Welp Bob its your move. I guess Pac's camp isn't going to get the negotiating power they were talking about now huh. Shaefer shut that **** down.

Comment

Cotto is going to lose.......and than Alvarez will fight Trout next May.

Comment

Working...
                    X