No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Abril vs Rees, Golovkin vs Proksa in Play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Abril vs Rees, Golovkin vs Proksa in Play

Eddie Hearn has confirmed to BoxingScene that Matchroom Boxing are in talks about bringing over Floridian Richard Abril to the UK to fight Gavin Rees for the vacant WBA lightweight title later in the year. “Abril is someone we’re talking to and we’re looking to make that happen, but nothing will be announced this week,” said Hearn during a recent conversation.

[Click Here To Read More]

Abril deserve more fights...after he beat Acosta and Rios he can't find a decent macth out

Comment

Golovkin vs Proska could seriously be a FOY. I'm Barker is making a come back, he'll probably make quick work of McEwan.

personally I'd rather see Macklin vs Barker or even Lee vs Barker.

Abril is a like a lot of Cuban fighters. too dangerous and too little reward.

Gary Russell jr ducked Luis Franco, 122 divison is ducking Rigondeaux and Canelo is ducking Lara. too bad Cubans didn't support their guys like ricans and mexicans.

Comment

Oh BABY!
        Still mad he's not fighting Pirog... but this is still a step in the right direction for Golovkin... better than taking on some unknown Japanese guy.
        As for Abril, I wish the best for him

Comment

Someone needs to get Abril a big payday. He earned it with his last 2 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
            Golovkin vs Proska could seriously be a FOY. I'm Barker is making a come back, he'll probably make quick work of McEwan.

personally I'd rather see Macklin vs Barker or even Lee vs Barker.

Abril is a like a lot of Cuban fighters. too dangerous and too little reward.

Gary Russell jr ducked Luis Franco, 122 divison is ducking Rigondeaux and Canelo is ducking Lara. too bad Cubans didn't support their guys like ricans and mexicans.
            You most be an idiot, a 10 years old kid or don't know $h1t about history, Cubans can't travel from the Island and promoters will not stage a fight there, they could bring it to south Florida but that will destroy the myth about Cubans not supporting our fighters, back in 2004 Casamayor fought in the Miami Arena and they have to turn people away, the place was packed, do your homework and don't believe everything your read.

Comment

would love to see GGG vs Grzegorz Proksa!

Comment

what a pair of great match ups, i hope it happens. abril made me a fan when he exposed rios, he deserves another title fight after getting completely robbed of a title/win. i didn't see proksa's last fight against hope, but he is a solid opponent for gennady. i talked to carlos molina at the fnf card that was here in chicago, he said his team was trying to get a shot at golovkin for that wba title. i think they would rather take proksa over molina, but let's see what happens. golovkin/proksa sounds good. wish it was pirog like it was originally planned, but what can you do...golovkin/proksa should be titled 'battle of the g's' super G vs GGG.
                Last edited by chiguy91; 07-18-2012, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Barker vs Murray for me with the British title at stake.
                  Who cares about the so called WBA regular title? Why not just call it an eliminator for the winner of Sturm/Geale.

Comment

Golovkin beats Proska.
                    Abril beats Rees.

Comment

Working...
                    X