No announcement yet.

tougher fight cotto or bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    show me. Last I heard from team cotto was that pac wasn't going to fight above 147, maybe 148 at most but like he had said before he's not interested in fighting above 147 anymore.
    So is 148 or '49 not above the welterweight limit?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      this question again?

again yes Cotto is the tougher fight at 154...BUT Bradley is not going to be EASY...in fact I LOVE Bradley's chance against Pacquiao a lot then I do Cotto's against Mayweather
      And why is that?

Cotto is shot to ****, but I guess his smokescreen win over a battered Margarito has fooled people into thinking he is still a top fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        Im still waiting to get that bet. Again, I think Pac runs through him in 5. It will be great because it will hype the Floyd fight up again big time.
        Wait, what????? You wanna bet that Pacman sparks Bradley in 5?? Ohh hell yeah I'm down like 4 flats on a cadallac. Pm me with the amount & consider it sigged. Signed sealed & dilivered baby!! Warrr Bradley!!

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
          So is 148 or '49 not above the welterweight limit?
          barely yes. Just goes to show pac isn't willing to fight that high anymore. 150 was seriously pushing it, dude weighed in at 144 at a fight at 150. He's obviously not a junior middleweight.

Comment

Cotto IMO is the tougher fight.

Bradley is taking a huge leap in competition. I think the way people see it is Bradley's undefeated, has fought decent opposition, and more importantly...there's nobody else really available that makes sense. With that being said, I think people are looking at the Marquez fight as the beginning of Pac's downward spiral forgetting that JMM is who he is...Juan Manuel Marquez. It'll be an ugly fight, but a fight I see Pacquiao winning based on his overall experience (which is taken for granted on these forums).

Cotto on the other hand, is as experienced as they come as far as the top current fighters in the sport today go. Sure, Cotto's had his setbacks, but as history has shown you can't count out a fighter in the caliber of Cotto. Adding that the fight is at 154 where Floyd has only fought at once (against an older, much less active De La Hoya) and Cotto having built back his confidence, new coach who seems to be the right fit for Cotto, overcoming the black cloud of Margarito, Cotto's mental game and confidence couldn't be at an all time high going into a fight with the likes of Mayweather. Also considering Cotto quite possibly is the best competition Floyd's faced since his comeback against Marquez, I wouldn't be surprised if the fight is tooth and nail until the very end. If you want to see a Mayweather vs Gatti type performance from Floyd....watch Mayweather vs Gatti.
            Last edited by RL_GMA; 02-06-2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

They both aren't tough fights~ at least tough in terms of coming out the victor for the favorite.

Cotto is pretty much the same guy as always but with his known flaws he is going to end up falling back and once he falls back it is over for him.

Bradley is a talented good fighter who does a lot of things good, but while he does a lot good he doesn't do a lot great, so while he can take some advatange of Manny's flaws and mitigate a bit of his strength he can't do enough of both to come out the victor in the end. He won't get as close as JMM got to winning on the cards and he certainly isn't stopping him.

Comment

Working...
              X