Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the winner of Mayweather-Cotto become the 154 Ring or lineal Champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Not that simple. The ring has been known to make exceptions for big name fighters.

You can read the rules on what hitting a women can get you, but those rules didn't exactly apply to Floyd didn't they? Alright then.
    Ring doesnt make exceptions to its rules - the rules say that sometimes a fight bt 1 and 3 is for the championship

Comment

I am getting the impression that the majority of people in here think that The Ring belt is synonymous with the "lineal champ", which is not the case.

Comment

everyone knows canelo is the real lineal champ. he won it after beating mathew hatton.

Comment

Will this fight give the division a Ring/lineal champion? If not who does the winner need to fight for The Ring or the lineal title to be on the line? I know it has to be between the #1 and #2 or in some cases #1 and #3.

#2 is Canelo, Floyd ain't rated at all, so will Floyd have to beat Cotto and then Canelo to become JMW lineal champion, or win The Ring Title, or both?

If i'm not mistaken, the last champion at 154 was Winky Wright, a long ass time ago. Now it's vacant I guess.

So can Floyd and Cotto fight for it or what? Some one explain this to me.
          according to u cotto is a bum so????? why would a ring magazine award a championship with a fraud and a bum

Comment

Will this fight give the division a Ring/lineal champion? If not who does the winner need to fight for The Ring or the lineal title to be on the line? I know it has to be between the #1 and #2 or in some cases #1 and #3.

#2 is Canelo, Floyd ain't rated at all, so will Floyd have to beat Cotto and then Canelo to become JMW lineal champion, or win The Ring Title, or both?

If i'm not mistaken, the last champion at 154 was Winky Wright, a long ass time ago. Now it's vacant I guess.

So can Floyd and Cotto fight for it or what? Some one explain this to me.
            Do the real fans even care about rankings and belts!?
            I think we all care about a good fight, and even fight, good names, I could care less that Cotto has a belt or Floyd or anyone. Let me see the good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
              I am getting the impression that the majority of people in here think that The Ring belt is synonymous with the "lineal champ", which is not the case.
              Yeah, two different titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstien View Post
                Do the real fans even care about rankings and belts!?
                I think we all care about a good fight, and even fight, good names, I could care less that Cotto has a belt or Floyd or anyone. Let me see the good fights.
                Um well Cotto fans better not care about rankings and belts since their boy hasn't fought a top 10 ranked fighter in 2 years. Real boxing fans? Of course we care, top 10=recognized as of the best in your division. Titles? If we're talking about Ring and Lineal titles, which Cotto has neither of in any of the 3 weight classes he's campaigned in, hell yeah I care. What causal fan even knows about rankings and ring/lineal titles? That's stuff that only hardcore boxing fans discuss. You're not gonna hear Joe around the corner, talk about the WBC or The Ring rankings. Causal fans have that mentality like "I just wanna see a good fight".

Comment

hell NO Cotto shouldn't even be ranked #1 JrMW for beating ****ing Yuri Foreman and Ricardo Mayorga

Comment

if winner fought Canelo, Ring would put their belt up
                    btw, kinda off topic, but what happened to Dzinziruk?
                    he's done nothing since Martinez loss at 160
                    he still have a strap at 154?

Comment

The winner fights Canelo and that would sort it out.

Comment

Working...
                      X