Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Kelly Pavlik Training Hard With Garcia For Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Kelly Pavlik Training Hard With Garcia For Return

These days you will find former middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik, a native of Youngstown, Ohio, on the west coast of California as he trains under the eye of his new trainer Robert Garcia in Oxnard, California.

[Click Here To Read More]

I hope Kelly comes back strong and leaves his trouble behind him. He's a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
      I hope Kelly comes back strong and leaves his trouble behind him. He's a fighter.
      ^^^^^^ This.

Comment

He's working with a Trainer of the Year now. As long as he's comfortable in Cali and as long as they're treating him right this should help.

But above all he needs to handle his alcohol demons. If he can't do that nothing else will matter.

Comment

I agree as well. Pavlik is an exciting fighter and there's always the possibility of a KO at any minute in his fights! I think getting away from Ohio will help him seperate himself from the negative influences he's had over the past few years. Fingers crossed for the Ghost!

Comment

Yea, the Kelly that came back from a KD to bust up Taylor was a beast. I hope he gets back to that form. That version would have beat Martinez.

B-hop? Not so much.

Comment

C'mon Kelly.

You can do it!

Comment

Let's go Kelly!

Comment

christ

pavlik must make him earn his pay when he's hitting that punch shield

kelly's a monster puncher to the body (chin too, now that we're on the subject)

his straight right hand to the body// chest is a dumb punch to throw, but if he hits you with it a few times you're a different fighter

he smashed miranda to the body and forced him to the ropes because his legs slowed so much

Comment

The Racket Squad:The Lonesome Ballad of Kelly Pavlik

Kelly was a force of nature against Jermaine Taylor in their first encounter.
                    He displayed a degree of courage rarely seen in a young fighter during his first title attempt.
                    And then came B-Hop and a weight that has yet to be lifted from his once sturdy shoulders.
                    Robert Garcia may know something about prizefighting but he is not certified in the treatment of alcoholics.
                    Kelly Pavlik is an alcoholic.
                    He will never reclaim an air of potential greatness until his fight with this demon is placed first.
                    It has not.
                    No amount of photographs can impart which battle Kelly is truly waging at this time in his life.
                    My guess is that he is putting the cart before the horse.
                    It's an unfortunate and often told tale in sports.
                    Only the sober athlete can inherit his piece of true accomplishment.
                    Good luck Champ.

Comment

Working...
                    X