No announcement yet.

The oldschool members of boxingscene

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The oldschool members of boxingscene

i remember when i first started on this site back in 2004. yea i had to change my name cause i got banned. back then i remember when this forum was great. it was all facts, and when someone stated an opinion it was discussed in an appropriate way. what happened to our beloved boxingscene?

I think part of the problem is popularity.

If the forum attracts 10 new posters and just one of them is bad, then there's a chance that it lowers the entire tone, due to threads about various ATGs being bums, or threads about unspectacular modern paper champions being able to beat some of the best of previous eras.

Even when an interesting thread is started, it sometimes gets sidetracked by personal insults and accusations.

This is part of the reason that I'm glad about boxing not being all that popular (at least where I am, in the UK) because anytime there's a big fight involving a UK boxer, the viewpoints expressed by most British people tend to be a mixture of ignorance and stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

If the forum attracts 10 new posters and just one of them is bad, then there's a chance that it lowers the entire tone, due to threads about various ATGs being bums, or threads about unspectacular modern paper champions being able to beat some of the best of previous eras.

Even when an interesting thread is started, it sometimes gets sidetracked by personal insults and accusations.

This is part of the reason that I'm glad about boxing not being all that popular (at least where I am, in the UK) because anytime there's a big fight involving a UK boxer, the viewpoints expressed by most British people tend to be a mixture of ignorance and stupidity.
      Spot on!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

100% correct

Comment

The kids took over. World Awaits created a new mainstream star and a bunch of kids who know nothin else of the sport hopped on the bandwagon and made this a fan site rather than a boxing site.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
            The kids took over. World Awaits created a new mainstream star and a bunch of kids who know nothin else of the sport hopped on the bandwagon and made this a fan site rather than a boxing site.
            i am glad that people have left hook tua on their sig. He was a poster that on occassion disagreed with me, but it was respectful. He was informative and did contribute to the forum. Unlike some who just bring negativity and try to put others down. The forum needs more posters like left hook.

Comment

Old men, this section wasn't much diffirent. You had someone named Butterfly spoiling every thread arguing with everyone. You had Sabbath and Yaman trying to e-murder eachother. You had Londonringrules pissing people off. etc.
              Good ol' days my arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
                Old men, this section wasn't much diffirent. You had someone named Butterfly spoiling every thread arguing with everyone. You had Sabbath and Yaman trying to e-murder eachother. You had Londonringrules pissing people off. etc.
                Good ol' days my arse.
                I wish this guy would **** off.

Comment

wholllleeeeee lotta fandom
                  for all kinds of fighters
                  we all have our favorites
                  but we all knew their limits or had no problem with facts
                  but somewhere along the line
                  ALL fighters have gotten god like status

Comment

I was a long time reader of the forums, before i made an account and posted.
                    Seems for every 1 good post where a boxing debate takes place , there is 10 'Euro bum' or 'Fat Yank' posts.

There is some good posters on the site though. I just tend to pick carefully which threads i post in to be honest.
                    Last edited by Chrismart; 01-09-2010, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X