Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    You must be new to boxing all around.

This is a Top Rank fight
    Jr shouldn't have been caught wearing that TMT hat....Arum went to Harvard, he knows the deal, Chavez is toast.

Comment

I do believe that Top Rank is just cashing out with Jr. The rumor is that Jr is signing with TMT so if that's true then Top Rank doesn't care about the result of the fight anymore. They're in a win - win situation.

Comment

yes he's a live dog imo...based on his size and mexican chin and pretty good stamina he's got about a 36 % chance he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          You must be new to boxing all around.

This is a Top Rank fight
          If he doesnt get robbed I meant

Comment

Well Martinez is no question the better fighter. But is he going to gas? And chavez Jr is enormous. This fight wouldnt be in question if chavez was 15-20 pounds lighter and without Top Rank. :|... Chavez has to make it to the 12th. The judges have never been kind to Martinez as it is. Chavez will go to the body..but so will Serg. Difference is Martinez will do it more safely when he shoots the left to the body. When chavez jr comes in for it hes going to eat a left. How many he can eat is the question.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              Well Martinez is no question the better fighter. But is he going to gas? And chavez Jr is enormous. This fight wouldnt be in question if chavez was 15-20 pounds lighter and without Top Rank. :|... Chavez has to make it to the 12th. The judges have never been kind to Martinez as it is. Chavez will go to the body..but so will Serg. Difference is Martinez will do it more safely when he shoots the left to the body. When chavez jr comes in for it hes going to eat a left. How many he can eat is the question.
              I suppose Martinez isnt as fit anymore and that extra weight on chavez pushing him around making him run I see Martinez getting tired after the 7th round.

Comment

How will Jr. handle a southpaw that moves? We'll see in a few weeks, if he can cut him off and throw punches that make Sergio stand up he will have a chance because he looks to be the stronger puncher. Neither of these men have fought high quality fighters on a consistent basis. South American fighters seem to have some curse when they come out of their homelands. Sergio did get beat up by Margerito a few years back and that may be nothing but it can be something since he doesn't engage much and hasn't fought anyone with big power since.
                I think its a good match but I don't see Sergio with a veterans edge because he hasn't fought on a high level. Neither has Jr. but he's just starting when you consider his first bouts took the place of a J.O career and Amatuer Open class years. ..................should be a good one, evenly matched!! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  How will Jr. handle a southpaw that moves? We'll see in a few weeks, if he can cut him off and throw punches that make Sergio stand up he will have a chance because he looks to be the stronger puncher. Neither of these men have fought high quality fighters on a consistent basis. South American fighters seem to have some curse when they come out of their homelands. Sergio did get beat up by Margerito a few years back and that may be nothing but it can be something since he doesn't engage much and hasn't fought anyone with big power since.
                  I think its a good match but I don't see Sergio with a veterans edge because he hasn't fought on a high level. Neither has Jr. but he's just starting when you consider his first bouts took the place of a J.O career and Amatuer Open class years. ..................should be a good one, evenly matched!! Ray
                  has fought on a high level he destroyed Pavlik and he fought the most avoided boxer twice in Paul Williams
                  who beat Margarito.

Comment

Chavez Jr by robbery.

Comment

If he doesn't use all his tools, he will lose. Chavez's size/chin/body attack shouldn't be able to trump Sergio's accuracy/footwork/speed/southpaw stance/stamina. Chavez gotta bring a lot more to the table than what we've already seen. Can he box effectively enough to lure Sergio in? Will he be able to capitalize if he does? Sergio has the skill-set to beat Jr., but will his legs hold up?

Only 17 days left.
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 08-29-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X