No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guillermo Jones-Denis Lebedev is Heading Over Moscow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Guillermo Jones-Denis Lebedev is Heading Over Moscow

Promoters Don King and Vladimir Hryunov have reached an agreement to stage the cruiserweight battle between WBA champion Guillermo Jones (38-3-2, 30 KOs) and mandatory/interim-champ Dennis Lebedev (24-1, 18 KOs) in Moscow, Russia. The two promoters met in Panama City to discuss the cruiserweight battle and they were able to reach a deal on the location. As part of the deal, Hyrunov agreed to allow Jones to make an optional defense against Andre Taylor (21-2-2, 8 KOs) on October 27 in Venezuela.

[Click Here To Read More]

this is bull****, ****ing Jones was supposed to defend against Lebedev sometime this month.

Purse bids took place months, and months ago. . .

Now he wants to get ANOTHER bs voluntary defense against a journeyman?

He wants no part of Lebedev. . But rI will say Jones is a very legit boxer, even at his age now.

He went form 147, to 200. STEROIDS, STEROIDS, STEROIDS!!!!

Comment

Mendoza is just a Don King puppet.

The WBA is disgusting.

Comment

I was siked when this fight originally began being discussed, but it is taking too damn long to get made. Jones is getting older everyday.

Comment

The WBA is such an incompetent unfair corrupt organization; since capturing the WBA crown on September 27, 2008 Jones has only defended the title twice. How ****ing absurd is this? Now they're allowing him to skirt his mandatory challenger Denis Lebedev to fight some unknown guy?

Here's the WBA email contact info:

info@wbanews.com

gjmendoza@wbanews.com

jthyme@wbanews.com

norygil@wbanews.com

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            The WBA is such an incompetent unfair corrupt organization; since capturing the WBA crown on September 27, 2008 Jones has only defended the title twice. How ****ing absurd is this? Now they're allowing him to skirt his mandatory challenger Denis Lebedev to fight some unknown guy?

Here's the WBA email contact info:

info@wbanews.com

gjmendoza@wbanews.com

jthyme@wbanews.com

norygil@wbanews.com
            That is completely indefensible.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
              this is bull****, ****ing Jones was supposed to defend against Lebedev sometime this month.

Purse bids took place months, and months ago. . .

Now he wants to get ANOTHER bs voluntary defense against a journeyman?

He wants no part of Lebedev. . But rI will say Jones is a very legit boxer, even at his age now.

He went form 147, to 200. STEROIDS, STEROIDS, STEROIDS!!!!
              Wow, I had no idea he started at 147.

Comment

I'm not sure I see the problem here. This was an agreement between the two promoters, not a decision by the WBA. If the two promoters agree on something volentarily, why should the WBA not let them? Guillermo Jones hasn't fought in a year. He does need a tuneup.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  I'm not sure I see the problem here. This was an agreement between the two promoters, not a decision by the WBA. If the two promoters agree on something volentarily, why should the WBA not let them? Guillermo Jones hasn't fought in a year. He does need a tuneup.
                  Problem is he has been allowed to keep a title for four years and make only two defenses. Problem is he has not fought a mandatory in two years. Problem is he is defending against the second consecutive clubfighter. Problem is he is defending a "world title" against a guy who was just knocked out a few months ago by a 12-5 opponent. Problem is he is the only champion in recent history who has been allowed to go two years without defending a title and still keep his title. Problem is his last fight was also a tuneup. Anything else?

Comment

Jones is a very good fighter with skills, too bad he is so inactive. We have no idea how he will even look from fight to fight due to his infrequency what a waste of talent.

Comment

Working...
                    X