No announcement yet.

Cutting off the ring against all out runners

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    What are some good examples of fights where a fighter successfully cutted off the ring against his all out running opponent?
    Jeff Fenech against many, Satoshi shingaki comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
      Jeff Fenech against many, Satoshi shingaki comes to mind.
      Kostya Tszyu against Zab Judah.....

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        Its impossible if your opponent has any talent what so ever.
        And where did you get that information from ???????????????????? impossible you say !!!!!!, ................. HMmmmnnnnnnnn !!!!

Comment

Kostya Tszyu against Zab Judah.....
          Kosta cut Zab with a big punch early. Zab was in the fight many even say he looked to be in complete control.(I know the fight finished early so save it) I wouldnt call what Zab did running at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
            Kosta cut Zab with a big punch early. Zab was in the fight many even say he looked to be in complete control.(I know the fight finished early so save it) I wouldnt call what Zab did running at all.
            He was sure moving and he was on top for the first 2 minutes of the 1st round, Kostya only needed to cut the ring off once,...... Zab was not nesessarily running away, but he should have. Incidentally I never gave Zab a chance before that fight, Tszyu didn't let me down.

Comment

Castillo in that 1st Floyd fight, was all up in his ass the whole time!

Cotto took it too Foreman, although Foreman's knee did give out but was that because of Cotto's pressure?

Hagler didn't do too bad against Leonard or Hearns. I mean I know the Hearns fight was a brutal 3 round war, but Hagler forced him into a slugfest which was awesome :weedbear:

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                Might not be the best, but Foreman - Ali.

Foreman was a master at cutting off the ring and I've read that Ali's initial strategy was to keep away from George, but Foreman's skills forced Ali to improvise the rope-a-dope. Just try to forget the outcome and it's a work of genius.. by George.
                Frazier actually did it successfully against a much faster Ali in 1971...he did win the match by outpointing Ali too...

Comment

And where did you get that information from ???????????????????? impossible you say !!!!!!, ................. HMmmmnnnnnnnn !!!!

If your opponent is just looking to run away like Haye(vs Klitschko) or Bizzaro(vs Duran) and not looking to exchange at all then there is really nothing you can do except throw wild punches and then tie up

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    If your opponent is just looking to run away like Haye(vs Klitschko) or Bizzaro(vs Duran) and not looking to exchange at all then there is really nothing you can do except throw wild punches and then tie up
                    A fight like that should be called off and declared a NO CONTEST !!

Comment

Working...
                    X