No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns: Manager, Trainer at Odds Over Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns: Manager, Trainer at Odds Over Comments

A row has broken out in the Ricky Burns camp ahead of his WBO super-featherweight title defence against Joseph Laryea at the Braehead Arena on Saturday night.

[Click Here To Read More]

The manager seems to be doing his best to publicly put the trainer in his place. Seems like an OTT reaction to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      The manager seems to be doing his best to publicly put the trainer in his place. Seems like an OTT reaction to me.
      I don't think it's OTT at all. The trainer's comments were a serious insult to Lynch and Buchanan and to all boxing fans who care about the history of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
        I don't think it's OTT at all. The trainer's comments were a serious insult to Lynch and Buchanan and to all boxing fans who care about the history of the sport.
        It's the trainers job to build confidence in his fighter. He may have went the wrong way about it but his motives are in the right place. Airing him out just causes tension in the camp, which isn't good a day before the defense of a world title.

Comment

Originally posted by timba View Post
          It's the trainers job to build confidence in his fighter. He may have went the wrong way about it but his motives are in the right place.
          I don't think obviously ridiculous over-hype will help build his confidence. Maybe his heart was in the right place, but he shouldn't have said that and I'm glad that someone in the camp effectively took it back, because it was insulting to the legacies of some all time greats. I'm sure the trainer will make sure that the training is not affected by this.

Comment

Working...
          X