Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward on commentary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont know why people are trashing kellerman for the interview. Golovkin had somebody right in his ear translating for him. Golovkin just tried to answer in english, which was painful to listen to to say the least. Very broken english, and cant quite construct a complete sentence yet. Credit to golovkin for tryng tho.

Comment

I thought he did a good job, as a boxer himself. his job was to point out things and explain what certain fighters are doing, he did a great job doing that

explaining the difference between a regular jab and a "POWER JAB" from GGG

not sure what more do the fans want

Comment

I enjoyed Ward's commentary he did a good job

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Maybe it will come with time but I feel Ward is better in the studio analyzing than in commentary.

Kellerman's interviews were poor imo. He speaks to foreign fighters in complex English instead of keeping it basic and then cuts to the studio when Rosado came in because he felt he lost control.
          I was thinking the same thing as far as him cutting Rosado off. I actually wanted to hear what Rosado had to say. I also don't remember him asking Golovkin who he wanted to fight next. Maybe I missed it.

Comment

Ward did a very nice job, better than Jones considering Jones has alot more experience. As for Kellerman he's terrible at interviews he hasn't a clue and is in awe of some fighters and is intimidated by others. He has NO inteview skills at all, he always looks like he's lost!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              The Magic man has as much boxing knowledge as Ward but a lil more flair on the mic too imo!
              yeah they're all good at what they do. at this point it comes down to who you think has the most flair. ward was just as boring as lennox, imo. i enjoy roy, paulie, and tarver's commentary a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                golovkin makes me lol when he speaks, not because what he's saying but the faces he makes when he's doing it.
                I couldn't believe how much he sounded like Borat in the post-fight interview, I thought Cohen just made that voice up but they actually speak English like that.

Comment

hes great. articulate, unbiased and knows the sport. thats all that matters. i could care less about a commentators personality, all i care about is how well he breaks down the fight.

seems ppl rather listen to merchant dissrespecting the fighters or jim lampley yelling "bang" than someone who actually provides insight to the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                    I was thinking the same thing as far as him cutting Rosado off. I actually wanted to hear what Rosado had to say. I also don't remember him asking Golovkin who he wanted to fight next. Maybe I missed it.
                    He did, Golovkin said he would fight anyone. Imo Kellerman should have gave him a name or two.

Comment

Loved the commentating yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                      X