Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is any momentum Gamboa had absolutely gone at this point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knows wtf he is doing

What a waste

Comment

For me, he only remains in my consciousness when I come here. He's damn near irrelevant at this point. He's inactive, mainly relies on athleticism and speed and he's over 30. If he takes a tough fight, right now, I probably wouldn't favor him. Shame, he could have been great

Comment

His last few fights have been boring, and his inactivity doesn't help...

Is he irrelevant now? Yes... But do I not care when his next fight is?? With that talent, I'd be stupid not to

If he wants the hype back, he's got to cherry pick some tough brawler he can beat up for a few rounds

And immediately after, he needs to fight some name opponent

Comment

Gamboa is one of my favorite fighters but he is an idiot.

He should of sparked Rios and the sky would have been the limit for him.

Now he's sitting doing nothing. What a shame.

Comment

Nope, he is still undefeated and with a good performance against a B or C opponent he can stir up conversations again. Mayweather does it all the time when he fights every year or year 1/2

Comment

Gamba who? That's what the casuals are already saying, either that or they never knew who he was to begin with.

Sucks too, Gamboa shouldn't have let Mayweather ruined his career. He should have stayed with TR or gone to GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
                Nope, he is still undefeated and with a good performance against a B or C opponent he can stir up conversations again. Mayweather does it all the time when he fights every year or year 1/2
                Mayweather came back and fought:

WBA champion Shane Mosley.

Then took a layoff and fought:

WBC champion Victor Ortiz.

Took another 8 months off and fought

WBA champion Miguel Cotto.

He wasn't fighting B/C fighters, he was fighting champions and top 3 in their weight class.

Comment

Isn't he scheduled to fight Juan Carlos Salgado??

Comment

Yes, he needs to get back in the ring ASAP. He was on his way to the top and he made a bad move by not fighting Rios (a fight he should win easy), on top of that now he hasn't fought in over a year. This might ruin his career.

Comment

duckers don't deserve momentum.

Comment

Working...
                      X