More Details on JMM's Top Rank Offer: "$5 for every PPV buy above 700K"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Details on JMM's Top Rank Offer: "$5 for every PPV buy above 700K"

Originally posted by Ronnie Nathanielsz
    Pacquiao-Marquez III will be at the catchweight of 144 pounds. That's what Bob Arum told us today.The fight date is Nov. 12 in Las Vegas..

Arum told us Marquez will get a guaranteed purse of $5million & $5 for every pay-per-view buy above 700,000.If he wins, there's a rematch.

If Marquez wins & a rematch pushes through Marquez will get $10 M. Arum is confidentq Golden Boy won't match his offer, to be sent t'morrow.
    Source(s):

http://twitter.com/#!/ronnathanielsz...54917087789056
    http://twitter.com/#!/ronnathanielsz...55364229943296
    http://twitter.com/#!/ronnathanielsz...55832138104832
    Yes
    86.67%
    No
    6.67%
    Maybe, still need to think it through
    6.67%

Damn that's a good ****ing deal. $$$$$$ for JMM before retirement. I'm happy for him he deserves it.

Comment

so if they sell 1.2 like Mosley then he gets an extra 2.5mil

Comment

i think pac-marquez ppv does at least 1M buys, that's 300K in excess of 700K.

300,000 excess PPV buys x $5 = $1.5 Million

and that's the minimum upside in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
          i think pac-marquez ppv does at least 1M buys, that's 300K in excess of 700K.

300,000 excess PPV buys x $5 = $1.5 Million

and that's the minimum upside in my opinion
          I believe it'll do more than 1m easily because of their past history and how big pac has become.

Comment

That's a nice little retirement fund.

Manny '401K' Pacquiao does it again.

Comment

This is why all road lead to Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao.

With this Marquez can the biggest waste disposal site in Mexico to quench his thirst.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                I believe it'll do more than 1m easily because of their past history and how big pac has become.
                Yeah, I don't think the Mosley fight hurt Manny's PPV shine, especially since Marquez will bring in the Mexican audience.

But I'll be happy if this fight gets finalized or not because Marquez would still get a $5 Million offer from Golden Boy and Manny would be fighting Bradley hopefully.

Comment

It could do very well. Both, especially Pacquiao, have grown in terms of popularity. However, I don't see it doing much more than 1.3 million buys. Still, that's a decent bit of money for Marquez when you include the $5,000,000 for the fight itself.

I am not sure how badly I want to see this fight at this point, but Marquez deserves the payday, I will say. A win would be incredible, as well.

Comment

but will he be allowed to FIGHT and allowed to GO OUT AND ACTUALLY TRY TO WIN? or will he have to Cooperate...because lets be honest, that is how the last few fights look, it really didn't look to me like Mosley was trying to do ANY DAMAGE TO PACQUIAO

Comment

Working...
                    X