boxers with beards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxers with beards

like a full beard, not that pacquiao fluff hehe

Several times I seen boxers get knocked out cold and their next fight they have a beard on their chin. Now when I see a beard I think they have a bad chin.

Comment

Beards aren't normally allowed because they're said to be able to cushion blows. I'd say that Duran's beard is probably the most famous and fullest beard in boxing history.

Comment

I think Duran's the only one with a full fledged beard i've seen. Jones Jr. also had the chin strap going around. Is there a rule on mustaches?

Comment

danny williams had a pretty heavy beard

Comment

I have thought that they might cushion a blow somewhat in the past but I am not quite sure how much effect it might have I have never brought it up to anyone before because I thought I might get laughed out of whatever room I was in

Comment

When Hearns put the kibosh on Duran, the broadcasters (Gil Clancy and Tim Ryan) were commenting on how heavy RD's beard was ("in most states that's illegal", said Clancy). Whatever cushion it supposedly provided apparently wasn't nearly enough!

Comment

Emile Griffith was married once, so he had a beard.

Comment

The reason I heard that it's not allowed is because the opponent could get scratched by the beard during clinches.

Comment

Working...
                  X