No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum on Chavez vs. Martinez, Steward's Claims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum on Chavez vs. Martinez, Steward's Claims

On September 15th, one of the biggest fights of the year will go down at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada when WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. takes his biggest step forward as a professional in tangling with Argentina’s Sergio Martinez.

A fascinating fight on paper, as the 26-year old Chavez, who has improved tremendously under Freddie Roach over the past few years, will look to chop down the ultra-athletic and cagey Martinez, who is still in fine form at 37 years of age. [Click Here To Read More]

Irony

Before the Andy Lee fight I was certain he was going to catch a knockout on Chavez. Boy, was I surprised. I did think during the fight that Chavez might have been on some sort of P.E.D's. Reason being, I never thought he was a huge puncher until that fight.

His punching power was evident. I knew he had a steel mug, but the punching power really had me thinking he was on roids.

Comment

Originally posted by avnikuka View Post
      Before the Andy Lee fight I was certain he was going to catch a knockout on Chavez. Boy, was I surprised. I did think during the fight that Chavez might have been on some sort of P.E.D's. Reason being, I never thought he was a huge puncher until that fight.

His punching power was evident. I knew he had a steel mug, but the punching power really had me thinking he was on roids.
      lee isn't all that durable

vera TKO'd him too

Comment

So Arum admits that he had Chavez Jr. ducking Sergio? Is anybody surprised to hear that coming out of his mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
          lee isn't all that durable

vera TKO'd him too
          Doesn't change the fact that he's on some ****. Got caught dirty before, dodged out of testing in Texas and declined testing when Martinez proposed it for their bout. Oh and save me the bs that he already got tested by the Nevada commission and came back negative. Peterson showed that simple testing is not hard to fool.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Doesn't change the fact that he's on some ****. Got caught dirty before, dodged out of testing in Texas and declined testing when Martinez proposed it for their bout. Oh and save me the bs that he already got tested by the Nevada commission and came back negative. Peterson showed that simple testing is not hard to fool.
            a lot of boxers probably are.....not saying it's right to cheat though
            Last edited by Snake...; 07-30-2012, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Arum pretty much owned Steward here.

I don't really like JCC Jr that much but I know he will beat Martinez. Easy win for him.

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
                a lot of boxers probably are
                Oh no doubt about that.

Btw Arum is a fkin hypocrite (who didn't know that). Talking smack that Steward is one of those people hurting the sport. Who the hell is he to talk about hurting the sport when he's been an accomplice in 2 of the biggest robberies ever... in ONE year. God damn snake.

Comment

Anyone know why there's no 24/7 on Chavez and Martinez?? I know a real boxing fan will tune in regardless but it still Makes no sense. That show attracts so many casual fans with its drama and inside look on their lives. Anyone know what the deal is??

Comment

:
                    Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    So Arum admits that he had Chavez Jr. ducking Sergio? Is anybody surprised to hear that coming out of his mouth?
                    just like floyd ducked guys in their prime like old Mosley, like he said chavez was not ready, now his ready, so dont act

Comment

Working...
                    X