Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo Expect Mayweather Jr. Fight in 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mayweather fans say this guy hasn't fought anyone making him worthy of fighting Mayweather, and I ask..who exactly besides berto did Ortiz beat to get his fight? Nuff said!

Comment

I want 2 c how FM looks vs Guerrero b4 I call him vs Alvarez, but now I go w/FM, 2 much of everything...better Alvarez vs Trout who can't bust a ballon, but would have a chance, as Alvarez falls in2 these periods of inactivity, and loses concentration during a bout, Trout would keep moving & turning him...Cotto should b out of boxing, his skills are on the level, now, of Mosley, nothing left...

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
        The smaller guys coming up in weight are usually the ones that give floyd trouble. hatton was very competitive but just got flatlined by the check hooks. that wont happen with guerrero, he has a solid beard. he doesn't have the size of an antonio margarito but he can apply that type of pressure the way a prime jose luis castillo could. this match up has been pushed no doubt but i can see guerrero having a style to give floyd problems with. its a good tough fight for floyd off the layoff because he is taking on a southpaw with height, reach, and a good body attack. i expect it to be more competitive than the cotto fight. guerrero has experience unlike a victor ortiz type fighter. guerrero is ready and has earned this by taking on 2 legit welterweight contenders.
        This is similar to the way I see it play out as well. Some will say Floyd beats both Guerrero and Alvarez, which says a lot about Floyd considering his inactivity.

At least the casual fan realizes those two are young, hungry, and will be gunning for Floyd's spot on the throne motivated by bigger paydays.

They'll be expected to step up their game and show they belong among the elite.

I get the sense some haters consider those fights "tune-ups" for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
          suuuuuuuuuuuuuure he will. mayweather is no stand there to be hit statue type fighter.there's no target. so canelo wil have to take cover from mayweather precise,accurate counters.canelo is going to the class room.
          True, but I'm a die hard Floyd fan, but die hard boxing fan first and fore most! And even though Canelo doesn't deserve a fight against Floyd, I do think he does pose a big threat to floyd, because he's young, big, fast, and hungry! Don't get it twisted, no innes going to out box Floyd, so basically the only chance u may have is to tko him, and the only 2 people I say have a slight chance is Canelo and Martinez! Never in my mind was it ever Pac!!!

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            The Mayweather fans say this guy hasn't fought anyone making him worthy of fighting Mayweather, and I ask..who exactly besides berto did Ortiz beat to get his fight? Nuff said!
            a top fighter in his division!!! while it isnt as big as it sounds its still what it is, has canelo done this?

Comment

If Guerrero/Floyd happens next, I just hope the Ghost comes to FIGHT. When Mayweather is pressured, that's when we see him at his finest. I'd much rather see a fight that resembled Cotto/Floyd than one that resembles JMM/Floyd, no disrespect to Dynamita. Just calling it as I see it.

Comment

Well the real question would be... Who would you like to see Floyd fight if not Canelo? I don't really want to see anyone else as 147 or 154 get a shot before Canelo. Honestly nobody at 147 or 154 have beat enough good people to warrant a Floyd fight, but Floyd's gotta fight someone

Comment

I think the Ghost will give Floyd a tough fight to be honest, I am not dismissing him whatsoever. He has heart and he is rough and gritty. But once again, styles make fights and I just do not see Floyd laying on the ropes getting pummeled round after round like Berto. I mean think about it, if Floyd felt that the Ghost was hurting or him do you think he would grind out rounds with him? No he would box his ass off and go for points. Personally I think only quick strikes that shake Floyd can stop him, like the shot from Mosley, etc. I mean use that as an example. He took a monster shot, got rocked, made sure he recovered and then iced Shane for 10 straight rounds. I think Ghost is sluggish at 147 and has never been a KO puncher so he would have to beat Floyd with damage. Unless Floyd got old overnight or after his jail stint and his legs are 100% gone, I do not see him standing around to take that punishment. Anything can happen but I just don't see it. Also what people need to understand is, Floyd is actually bigger than the Ghost. People keep underestimating Floyd's size and strength. In the ring Floyd looked bigger than Shane and Cotto almost. Floyd also has a longer reach. Berto is Manny's size, like 5'6", so Ghost looked huge. Shane nor Cotto could push Floyd around the ring so I am not sure Ghost can.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Please Canelo......just fight someone legit first, preferably Trout.
                    Agreed.

Also.. it could/would make a future Floyd fight bigger.

Comment

ortiz beat cambel,harris , and draw wit peterson and lets not forget berto was undeated at the time and a champ soooo you cant use ortiz for example

Comment

Working...
                      X