No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cunningham Calls For A ‘Smart War’ in Adamek Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cunningham Calls For A ‘Smart War’ in Adamek Rematch

Former cruiserweight titleholder Steve Cunningham spoke with BoxingScene.com shortly after weighing in for his rematch against Tomasz Adamek.

Four years ago, their first fight took place in the cruiserweight division, with Adamek knocking Cunningham down three times and winning via split decision. Now both boxers are heavyweights — Cunningham checked in at 203.5 pounds, Adamek at 223.

BoxingScene.com: You were at 207 pounds for your first heavyweight fight. Now you’re at 203. Were you aiming to be lighter?

Cunningham: “No. I was actually trying to hit the same weight that I did for the first fight, for the [Jason] Gavern fight. But that just goes in part with how serious I’m taking it, just the extra work and seriousness, the nerves. I’m still in great shape.”

BoxingScene.com: Why were you aiming to be at 207? What’s the difference between that and, say, 203? [Click Here To Read More]

Damn, Cunningham is coming in very light. That might work against him now that he is fighting at heavyweight.

Comment

Good fight, I don't know about going into any kind of war he should focus on out boxing Adamek but the more action there is the more it favors Ademek.

Win or lose Cunningham should got back to cruiser if that is what he is weighing unless he can get compensated properly for fighting over 200.

Comment

thats right...gotta be mentally sharp...instincts gotta be on "GO"...can't have those lapses like he had in the first fight...if any one round described that entire fight, it had to be round 4....Steve can outwork him again...just gotta avoid getting touched by the big stuff....and after a string of southpaw opponents, he gets to see a orthodox cat

Comment

I'm funking sopped this fight !

Comment

Adamek is gonna take this one.

Comment

At this point in their careers I believe that Adamek is the better fighter and therefore he will win.

Comment

Working...
              X