No announcement yet.

Kessler vs. Froch 2 is the fight that should happen next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mani1 View Post
    Did you see how easy he was to hit by "Sweetness" he was prime around 2007 I wouldn't call him shot but he is obviously way past his prime.
    Froch doesn't have it in himself to excel in back to back fights. Froch's recent bravado will walk him onto a Kessler left hook!

P.S. Kessler has fought in the second biggest stadium in the UK in Wales so fighting in some small tin can stadium in Nottingham is a breeze for him. He strives a Froch fight in the UK!

Comment

It annoys me when people say that Froch-Dirrell was a robbery. It was a close fight. Dirrell maybe won by one or two rounds and maybe should have been awarded the decision, but that doesn't constitute a robbery.

Dirrell ran for the whole fight and refused to engage. It wasn't a clinic like Ward put on Froch. It was an embarrassing performance by a weak minded fighter.

Froch vs Kessler was also very close, and I can't argue with the decision. But if Froch puts boxing aside and chooses to fight aggressively in a rematch, I think he stops Kessler.

The problem with Froch is, since he beat Pascal, he fought as a boxer, which is style he isn't suited to. To utilise his main strengths he needs to throw caution to the wind, and go to war. That's what he did against Bute, and it resulted in a 5th round KO against a highly skilled, world class fighter.

I don't think Kessler can deal with this version of Froch, I really don't.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
        It annoys me when people say that Froch-Dirrell was a robbery. It was a close fight. Dirrell maybe won by one or two rounds and maybe should have been awarded the decision, but that doesn't constitute a robbery.

Dirrell ran for the whole fight and refused to engage. It wasn't a clinic like Ward put on Froch. It was an embarrassing performance by a weak minded fighter.

Froch vs Kessler was also very close, and I can't argue with the decision. But if Froch puts boxing aside and chooses to fight aggressively in a rematch, I think he stops Kessler.

The problem with Froch is, since he beat Pascal, he fought as a boxer, which is style he isn't suited to. To utilise his main strengths he needs to throw caution to the wind, and go to war. That's what he did against Bute, and it resulted in a 5th round KO against a highly skilled, world class fighter.

Different fighters call for different tactics. Froch has proved himself to be a decent boxer over the last few fights, and it's held him in good stead against guys like Abraham and Johnson, guys who might otherwise have out-toughed him and knocked him out. He can still brawl when he has to, but I don't see what's wrong with having more than one tool for a job.

Comment

Timbatron,

Do you really see Kessler crumbling the way Bute did? Weve seen Bute effectively knocked out by an average fighter in Andrade so Carl had the ability to do the same or better. Weve already seen him fight Kessler and he wasnt able to overwhelm the Dane with power or outbox him. They fought on fairly even terms with perhaps the home fighter showinbg more passion and being more assertive which is why he got the nod. If he thinks he can now ambush Kessler , make it a physical fight and treat him the way he treated Bute then he better be carefil he isnt caught by massive shots on the way in.

Comment

This is a fight that should definitely take place.

I'm pretty sure both want the fight and it would be fantastic Froch could get it in the UK too. Perhaps even have it at the City ground? But there's nothing wrong with the Capital FM Arena.

Comment

This fight needs to happen, i'll be buying tickets if it's made.

Comment

Working...
              X