Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I'm picking Adamek

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, count me as one of the people who thinks Adamek has a decent chance. I’m a fan of the Klitschko’s (admittedly, a lot more for Wlad) but I think Vitali has slowed down a lot and his punches aren’t nearly as fast or crisp as they once were. It’s just a reality that happens to all boxers. If Adamek keeps up a solid work rate I definitely would not be completely surprised to see an upset.

Comment

Cant see it Scott, Vitali is too big. Yes i usually pick small guys like Frazier and Tyson to beat The Klitchko Machine but thats when the gulf in ability makes up for the lack of size - Bigger isnt better Better is Better! Unfortunately Adamek is just not better. He is in for a long and painful beat down, Klitchko late TKO

Comment

Originally posted by Feint View Post
        Yeah, count me as one of the people who thinks Adamek has a decent chance. I’m a fan of the Klitschko’s (admittedly, a lot more for Wlad) but I think Vitali has slowed down a lot and his punches aren’t nearly as fast or crisp as they once were. It’s just a reality that happens to all boxers. If Adamek keeps up a solid work rate I definitely would not be completely surprised to see an upset.
        Did you see Adamek fight Michael Grant? It would change your opinion.

This is the history section,
        just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
          Did you see Adamek fight Michael Grant? It would change your opinion.

This is the history section,
          just saying.
          Yeah, that is a fair point. However (and no disrespect for Adamek), my feeling has to do more with Vitali's ability at this point than it does Adamek's. I just think Vitali is more on the decline than people realize. I hope I'm wrong because I would like to see Vitali win, but I think the end of his career is near.

Comment

An upset would be nice, and it would open a true path to Unification in the Heavyweight division, but I don't see it happening. Vitali will just be TOO MUCH for Adamek, who I expect to be a puffy mess by the end of this thing. He may go the distance but I doubt that too.

Vitali TKO 10 Adamek.

Comment

As always you come up with a good argument Scott. From what I have seen of Adamek at heavyweight I just don't see him beating Vitali. Vitali would have to really get old in this fight for it to happen. But I don't think Vitali has slipped to that point yet from what I've seen in his last 2-3 fights. I see him wearing down Ademak for either a late stoppage or clear decision.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
                An upset would be nice, and it would open a true path to Unification in the Heavyweight division, but I don't see it happening. Vitali will just be TOO MUCH for Adamek, who I expect to be a puffy mess by the end of this thing. He may go the distance but I doubt that too.

Vitali TKO 10 Adamek.
                Im probably a touch offensive and a little of the mark here but to me The Klitchko Machine IS UNIFIED Champion, They are like a package deal almost, u beat one u gotta beat the other...

Id be slightly shocked if Adamek as tough as he is makes it to the final bell, im calling a late TKO with the Pole a complete mess

Comment

I understand that is how they operate, as simultaneous co-Champions or whatnot but I am old school in the sense that I believe the REAL Heavyweight Championship of the World is a title that can only be held by one man at one time. It was bad enough when the ABC groups split it all up and allowed for up to 3 people at a time to call themselves heavyweight champion, but when the fighters themselves do this kind of nonsense, I gotta draw the line and call BS.

As it stands right now, a win over Vitali would not make Adamek THE Champ, just a WBC titlist with a legit #1 ranking to the Ring Heavyweight Champion, Wlad Klitschko. The path to unification I speak of is currently blocked by the Brothers Klitschko who refuse to fight eachother and have their strange policy of co-defending their brotherly interpretation of the heavyweight championship firmly in place. A loss by one, in this case Vitali, would make it possible for a fight to take place (Wlad vs Adamek) for all the belts, all the marbles, and for the first time since Lewis retired, boxing would have a true UNDISPUTED heavyweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
                    I understand that is how they operate, as simultaneous co-Champions or whatnot but I am old school in the sense that I believe the REAL Heavyweight Championship of the World is a title that can only be held by one man at one time. It was bad enough when the ABC groups split it all up and allowed for up to 3 people at a time to call themselves heavyweight champion, but when the fighters themselves do this kind of nonsense, I gotta draw the line and call BS.

As it stands right now, a win over Vitali would not make Adamek THE Champ, just a WBC titlist with a legit #1 ranking to the Ring Heavyweight Champion, Wlad Klitschko. The path to unification I speak of is currently blocked by the Brothers Klitschko who refuse to fight eachother and have their strange policy of co-defending their brotherly interpretation of the heavyweight championship firmly in place. A loss by one, in this case Vitali, would make it possible for a fight to take place (Wlad vs Adamek) for all the belts, all the marbles, and for the first time since Lewis retired, boxing would have a true UNDISPUTED heavyweight champion.
                    Do you think the brothers should actually fight each other?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      Do you think the brothers should actually fight each other?
                      Of course not but I wish they would and I think they should.

lol, I thought you asked if I think they would.

Comment

Working...
                      X