Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Oscar Dela Hoya vs. Antonio Margarito at 147 Lbs. Prime for Prime.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

delahoya wins this one easy. He better then anyone marg has fought that was prime. Those 90's guys were special they had like ten guys who could be running shyt rite now at 147-154

Comment

Oscar beats the hell out of him

Comment

Tough one..

...but I'd have to go with the Golden Boy.

Comment

Margocheato's whole career is suspect, even with the bricks I think ocar takes him to school.

Comment

I got Margarito over De la Hoya , Prime Margarito was something else

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
              margarito sparred with dela hoya many times. they would tell margarito to let dela hoya hit him and not throw any punches. dela hoya's corner also told him to throw no hard punches while he dela hoya was throwing at full force.

margarito is a person with a short temper, so naturally, he would let go of his power punches. on two different occasions, margarito made him bleed and that's with protective head gear. once from the nose, and the other time from the ear.

oscar would be in for the fight o his life.
              Yeeeessssss. I know they sparred, but I never heard about this. I really don't like De La Hoya's fighting style, and I really like Margarito's fighting style. It's hard thinking about what happened with the hand-wrap incident. I wish there was absolute disclosure on this issue. I must admit, the hand-wrap scandal is bad, but I am still a fan of Margarito because of his fighting style.

Comment

All I know is that De La Hoya said he would fight the winner of Margarito-Cotto I, but instead he chose to fight 135 Manny Pacquiao at 147. Everyone thought De La Hoya was going to beat up on Pacquiao, atleast I did. So, what's up with that? Was he try to take the easier fight, even though he got his **** pushed in by Pacquiao?

Comment

Prime for prime? Hilarious.

Name me one come-forward banger Oscar lost to or came close to losing to.

I won't even wait for the reply: There wasn't one. And the fight would not have been a "barn burner" it would have been a shutout for the golden boy. Oscar was a gold medalist man, meat-and-potatoes guys like Margarito got shut down when they tried to **** with Oscar.

Margarito might have been more than a shot-ass De La Hoya could handle in 2008, but prime for prime Oscar coasts to a UD. I swear to god, people around here's memory only goes back 3-4 years. Oscar in his prime was a fucking boss.

Comment

De la hoya never had trouble with guys who had bad defense. margo may have a good chin but weve seen what happens when someone lands on it hard enough and often enough.

DLH's hook wont be able to miss its target, margo is getting battered.

Comment

Originally posted by citolindo View Post
                      delahoya wins this one easy. He better then anyone marg has fought that was prime. Those 90's guys were special they had like ten guys who could be running shyt rite now at 147-154
                      Thats true, those divisions were stacked back then.

Comment

Working...
                      X