No announcement yet.

Does Mayweather have passion for Boxing or just in for the money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
    do you guys honestly think floyd has a passion for boxing, or do you think he just does it for the money???
    if he was boxing for the money, then he'd already have fought pac.

the thing that drives floyd is his ego

Comment

It don't matter what it is, he only fight if he thinks he's going to win. If he was fighting for money than we would see May vs Pac already.

Comment

He may not have a great passion for the sport itself, but I think he has a passion to beat Pacquiao. Seeing Pacquiao's rise has awoken a desire and a goal to chase Mayweather hasn't had for a long time. My opinion anyway.

Comment

ask floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by fireman_ek50 View Post
            i love mayweather but one of his quotes will forever be stuck on my mind and....

its when he retired before his rematch with de la hoya and said something like he is tired from the sport of boxing and that he has no love for it anymore...

but i think when he came back, after pacquiao started making all this buzz, he then said im still the best and im going to prove that so idk...

he did retire on top (said those things) BUT...

when someone else got recognition as being the best (if not better than him), then he comes back to prove a point so...you could say that he does have love for the sport

but being a boxer and having love for it, i don't think you would say your tired of it and you dont love it no more, idk
            I think fighters often have a love/hate thing with boxing. Love the thrill and the money but hate the pain and all the b.s. politics to deal with.

I hear fighters like Ray Robinson say "it's all a business, I never enjoyed boxing", or Michael Spinks echo similar statements. I only believe it to an extent. I think they used to love boxing and had passion for it, going through all those years of training and amateur fighting and whatnot, but eventually grew tired of it and it's simply business. Same thing with Mike Tyson. He obviously loves the sport of boxing, but after awhile seemed to not like actually being a boxer.

Comment

You cannot be as good as him without passion for the craft .

Comment

Working...
              X