Collapse
No announcement yet.

The myth of Mayweather's speed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd is very fast, but his greatest advantages over every other welterweight are his skill, his brain and his heart.

Comment

Anyone that can move in, jab to the body and then move out before the other guy has a chance to react has gotta be fast.

Comment

I think this thread is actually backwards. I think the exact opposite. I think because Floyd only pot shots most of the time now, people think he's alot slower than what he really is. You are always going to look faster if you are throwing more punches and moving alot. Floyd doesnt waste energy anymore. He fights at a smooth pace and is only letting his hands go one at a time but no way he beats guys to the punch and lands that quick if he isnt that fast. I bet anything that will show in this fight and sooner or later I think Floyd will start letting his hands go agaiin and then everyone will act like he's way faster when truthfullys he's only just throwing more than one punch at a time. Keep sleeping and think that Shane was faster at 33 or that Pac is alot faster. These guys act like Floyd is JMM or Cotto. He was 10x faster than JMM. You can talk about the weight all you want but JMM wasnt that much slower than normal. I cant wait for this fight and for people to see how fast he really is

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          That's junk right there.

You aren't 40-0 and soft.
          I dare you to say that again after thinking about Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
            I dare you to say that again after thinking about Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
            Good call

Greek K

Comment

floyd said you can be faster and stronger it doesnt mater. floyd never said he was the fastest but he always said he was the smartest and thats what counts. timing and accuracy is better anyway thats how cotto beat mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by Amadla Ngawethu View Post
                I'm sorry to say but you need to start watching Floyd's fights before you make threads about Floyd.You cant just make threads because you have read a Philipino newspaper.

Floyd's soooooo fast people cant see his shots coming,that's why he's so accurate.Before anyone knows it,he's hit already.People talk about reflexes,how are you gonna have good reflexes if you are not fast?
                right.. because bruvas read philipino newspapers on the reg.

Comment

Working...
                X