Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Williams lost to Margarito, he'd be begging for a rematch.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Williams lost to Margarito, he'd be begging for a rematch.

Margarito isn't.

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
    Margarito isn't.
    Tony positioned himself in the mandatory spot for the WBO title, the only way he could FORCE a rematch.

Williams instead lost to a hand picked opponent, then insisted on a rematch. Luckily for Paul, he did in the second fight what he was supposed to do in the first, and blow this guy away.

Margarito has now fought and beaten Johnson, Cintron and Cotto.

At WW, Williams has lost to, and beaten, Quintana.

Margs is 3-0 (1-0 against the elite WW's)

Williams is 1-1 (against a hand picked opponent many fancied him to handle more than easily)

Who has really made the best case for being the number 1 welterweight at the moment?

Just because Margarito lost to Williams doesn't mean that Williams is the better fighter (after all, even after being humiliated, Williams was still, by consensus, better than Quintana)

At this moment in time, Williams would benefit more from the rematch than Margarito.

But when Margarito made himself Williams next mandatory IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE WILLIAMS LOSS, Williams was more than happy to have a little rest then defend his title against hand picked opposition.

Think about this, why is Williams screaming for the rematch more than Margarito? Could it be because Margs has gone on to bigger and better things, and Williams hasn't?

Fuck Paul Williams, Margarito should not fight him until he is good and ready. If that means the fight never comes off, then more fool Williams for putting it off in the first place.

Comment

But on Tuesday, Goossen provided to Yahoo! Sports a copy of a July 31 letter he sent to Top Rank chairman Bob Arum in which he offered Margarito "a minimum guaranteed (sic) of $4 million against 50 percent of net revenues to Top Rank/Margarito."

Arum responded in a letter on Aug. 5 rejecting the offer.

Arum wrote: "Thank you for your letter of July 31, 2008 regarding Paul Williams.

"After the terrible experience I was subjected to by Paul Williams, his camp and advisor in connection with a (Kelly) Pavlik fight, I have absolutely no intention whatsoever to be involved in any fight with Mr. Williams.

"Accordingly, your proposal is in all respects rejected and I would request that you do no contact me again regarding Mr. Williams."

KEEP DUCKING

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
        Margarito isn't.

Keep ignoring it fanboys

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=15431

Comment

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
          But on Tuesday, Goossen provided to Yahoo! Sports a copy of a July 31 letter he sent to Top Rank chairman Bob Arum in which he offered Margarito "a minimum guaranteed (sic) of $4 million against 50 percent of net revenues to Top Rank/Margarito."

Arum responded in a letter on Aug. 5 rejecting the offer.

Arum wrote: "Thank you for your letter of July 31, 2008 regarding Paul Williams.

"After the terrible experience I was subjected to by Paul Williams, his camp and advisor in connection with a (Kelly) Pavlik fight, I have absolutely no intention whatsoever to be involved in any fight with Mr. Williams.

"Accordingly, your proposal is in all respects rejected and I would request that you do no contact me again regarding Mr. Williams."

KEEP DUCKING

Comment

Well yeah.... that is where the money is outside of a fight with Cotto.

Comment

Working...
            X