Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who took on the more dangerous opponents over the last 5 years. Floyd or Sergio?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who took on the more dangerous opponents over the last 5 years. Floyd or Sergio?

Right now it's the beginning of 2013.

So let's go back to the end of 2007/ beginning of 2008.

Martinez:
    Chavez Jr
    Macklin
    Barker
    Sergiy Dzinziruk
    Pavlik
    Williams
    Williams
    Jordan
    Bunema
    Clintron

vs

Floyd

Hatton
    Marquez
    Mosley
    Cotto
    Ortiz

Floyd fought a lot less over the last 5 years.. but overall still pretty dangerous opposition.. despite all of them either being ******ed or past prime.
    Martinez
    83.33%
    Floyd
    16.67%

Martinez for sure. Williams would have dogged Floyd out. Floyd hand picks his fights where Martinez fights anybody put in front of him!

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
      Right now it's the beginning of 2013.

So let's go back to the end of 2007/ beginning of 2008.

Martinez:
      Sergiy Dzinziruk
      Pavlik
      Williams
      Williams

vs

Floyd:

Marquez
      Mosley
      Cotto
      Ortiz

Floyd fought a lot less over the last 5 years.. but overall still pretty dangerous opposition.. despite all of them either being ******ed or past prime.
      Williams, Pavlik, and Dzinzuruk are the most dangerous opponents Martinez fought coming in.

Chavez Jr, Macklin, Barker, weren't seen as much of a threat or dangerous opponents by anyone. Macklin and Barker did better than people thought they would do, doesn't make them dangerous. Chavez Jr had one good round, doesn't make him dangerous.

In the end, they each have 4 dangerous fights in the last 5 years. Hatton in 2007 is like 6 years ago. Since I mentioned Dzinzurl for Martinez, who was coming up in weight, I also mentioned Marquez for Floyd who was coming up in weight.

Comment

All of floyds opponents were either smaller worn out or too green

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Williams, Pavlik, and Dzinzuruk are the most dangerous opponents Martinez fought coming in.

Chavez Jr, Macklin, Barker, weren't seen as much of a threat or dangerous opponents by anyone. Macklin and Barker did better than people thought they would do, doesn't make them dangerous. Chavez Jr had one good round, doesn't make him dangerous.

In the end, they each have 4 dangerous fights in the last 5 years. Hatton in 2007 is like 6 years ago. Since I mentioned Dzinzurl for Martinez, who was coming up in weight, I also mentioned Marquez for Floyd who was coming up in weight.
          Betting odds for the Chavez fight were 2 to 1 at the time. Those were closest odds for any recent PPV fight. On average, people gave Chavez a 40% to win in this poll.
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-03-2013, 09:11 PM.

Comment

It is about even but I give the edge to Martinez due to his activity.

Comment

Martinez fought twice as many guys and the guys Floyd fought were not that dangerous at the time he fought them. Martinez fought Pavlic and Williams close to their prime and they were dangerous then. Mosley was to old, Marquez was not adjusted to the heavier weight and Hatton was not a very dangerous welterweight. Cotto had seen better days and Ortiz was a one hit wonder who choked under pressure. Macklin and Chavez Jr. were top 5 middleweights in their prime at the time Martinez fought them and were at least as good at middleweight as Ortiz was at welterweight so overall Martinez faced more fighters and a more dangerous bunch in my opinion.

Comment

Very smart move to try and make Martinez look good. His career just started in 2009 when he beat Pavlik and Williams. Before that, he was fighting 4, 6, and 8 round fights while fighting fighters who were 3-35. But sure, he has fought the "better" competition (even though Floyd fought two guys in the top 5 pound for pound during that time, but thats neither here nor there).

Comment

I give Sergio credit for Cintron, Williams, Pavlik, Dzinziruk, Macklin, and Chavez.

I give Floyd credit for Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto.

Comment

:AOR: let's see what other obtuse individuals will join these two....
                    GrandpaBernard, tlove104

Comment

Working...
                    X