No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Denis Levedev-Guillermo Jones Purse Bid on February 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Denis Levedev-Guillermo Jones Purse Bid on February 6

It’s s(p)it or get off the pot time for Guillermo Jones. This time, the WBA means it.

The world’s most inactive titlist has been ordered to face interim cruiserweight beltholder Denis Lebedev, the WBA announced Wednesday afternoon. A purse bid hearing has been scheduled for February 6 at the WBA headquarters in Marabella, Panama.

Jones (38-3-2, 32KO) claimed title status in 2008 with a 10th round stoppage of Firat Arslan. Getting the 6’4” cruiserweight in the ring since then has proven to be a daunting task.
    [Click Here To Read More]

How Jones still has that title is a mystery to me. 2 fights in 3 years. No fight in 2012. SMH.

Spellcheck for the thread title: Lebedev not Levedev.

Comment

I thought Lebedev was going to fight Eddie?

Comment

Ummm what the fuk. The WBA made Lebedev the full Champion and stripped Jones after he backed out for the 3rd time a few months ago. Now Jones is a Champion all of a sudden??????????

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/b...155522174.html

Comment

Lebedev shouldn't waste his time chasing a fight with Jones, he's just gonna string him along only to cancel again.

I'd much rather Lededev secure a fight with Chambers. Eddie is relatively known amongst boxing fans and will make this a competitive fight.

Comment

Guillermo Jones doesn't want to fight Lebedev, it's never going to happen.

The WBA should realize that by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              Ummm what the fuk. The WBA made Lebedev the full Champion and stripped Jones after he backed out for the 3rd time a few months ago. Now Jones is a Champion all of a sudden??????????
              Same here; I thought that Lebedev supplanted Jones as the full champion.

Comment

The WBA needs to make up their mind who there full champ is

Comment

The real question is why the eff is Jones considered anyone's champion after defending two times in four years? What a ****ty organization. Lebedev should tell the WBA to eff off and sign for the best fight available because Jones will find a reason not to show up and the WBA will continue to find a reason to recognize him as "champion"

Comment

Working...
                  X