No announcement yet.

Vitor Belfort vs Yushin Okami to headline UFC 122 in Germany

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitor Belfort vs Yushin Okami to headline UFC 122 in Germany

Dave Meltzer reports in his Wrestling Observer newsletter that a middleweight bout for the top contender spot will feature Vitor Belfort taking on Yushin Okami in the main event of UFC 122 in Oberhausen, Germany this November:

Vitor Belfort vs. Yushin Okami will be the main event of UFC 122 on 11/13 in Oberhausen, Germany. This will be a ****e show in the U.S. The winner will likely face the Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen winner for the middleweight title sometimie next year.

UFC 122 is expected to air for free in the US on ****e TV via tape delay on November 13th. The rumored card now includes:

- Vitor Belfort vs. Yushin Okami
    - Jorge Rivera vs. Alessio Sakara
    - Jason Brilz vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
    - Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Goran Reljic
    - Amir Sadollah vs. Peter Sobotta
    - Dennis Siver vs. TBA
    - Pascal Krauss vs. TBA
    - Kris McCray vs. TBA

Good main event, but I hope something a bit more notable gets added to the rest of the card.

Comment

I think Okami submits him.

Comment

That's a crappy card!

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
          I disagree. I think Vitor knocks him out or wins by decision. He's only been submitted once in his career and Okami rarely submits people anyway. I would like to see Anderson avenge his loss to Okami but he's had his shot against Sonnen and Franklin and lost both. I think Vitor beats him aswell.

Comment

Don't be such naysayers, most of the time it's the undercard fights between gatekeepers and no-names that are the most exciting. There's a few really interesting fights on the card besides the main event, Reljic vs Soszynski is bound to be a stand up fight and end in a stoppage and if you're a grappling fan, Matyushenko vs Brilz should be great to watch.

And forget the record, Alessio Sakara is the man. He's on a 3 fight win streak but got sidelined by an injury, so we'll see how this fight goes against a solid opponent in Rivera.

Remember guys it's not the name of a fighter that makes the fight exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
              submit? probably not. Obviously Belfort always give up when a wrestler puts pressure on him but if he gives up then Okami wins by TKO.

Anyway, I'm predicting Okami by UD.

Anyone wanna bet?

Comment

Smart money is on Okami

Comment

Sweet! I really really like this fight. Theirs a lot of people that were hatin' bececause Vitor was about to get a shot after KOing Franklin at 195. But I never understood that. Franklin was the 3rd best middleweight in the world behind just Silva & Hendo. But now this can shut them up because Okami has always been a dark horse top 10 sometimes top 5 middleweight and if Vitor can take him out then he's definitely legit and deserves a title fight.

Hard fight to choose for me. If Okami stands he'll get knocked out. But if he takes him down he can probably grind out a decision and will probably get easier after the 1st because Vitors always about gaining confidence in the 1st round and if he doesn't get it he tends to fold. Very competitive interesting fight!

Comment

Working...
                  X