Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama is siding with the republican ideas to fix the economy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To help the economy we need to get the people with money, to somehow get that money back into the economy.
    There are two ways to do it. Tax them and let the government disperse the money to where they think it should go.
    Or have them invest and build new companies, technologies etc. By giving them more of their money back.
    Here's the problems with taxing it.
    1. Money will get hidden and frozen. There are ways to put money into trust etc.to hide it legally from the tax man.
    2. Government is terribly inefficient. For every 100 dollars of money gathered through taxes to give to the poor just over a dollar actually gets into the poors hands. I know it sounds ridiculous, and it is but think of all the overhead involved.
    3.Government has a history of investing in things that in the long run cost millions of dollars in future spending. Like light rails etc. Just in Minneapolis it cost tax payers 10 million a year to keep that thing running. It obviously can't support itself. Obama's infrastructure plan is full of this type of stuff.

The alternative is to let the market create steady proven streams of income. Tax revenue actually increases when you reduce taxes because the economy grows so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
      Reaganomics = lol.
      & damn.. you conservatives are stuck in the past.
      the only person you can point to is Jimmy Carter.
      That's all you guys talk about.. What's with the obsession?
      I wasn't around for Carter.. but I was around for Clinton.
      Clinton > The dickhead you guys elected into office.
      what obsession? you make it seem as if you can see the future and you know exactly how obamas term is going to end up. why is it that you assume that barrack will not **** the economy up more? maybe he will maybe he won't.
      history shows a similar situation as to what is going on right now that doesn't mean that it will play out the same but there is more evidence that supports the fact that barrack might not be able to fix the reccesion

Comment

Originally posted by JACK BURTON View Post
        To help the economy we need to get the people with money, to somehow get that money back into the economy.
        There are two ways to do it. Tax them and let the government disperse the money to where they think it should go.
        Or have them invest and build new companies, technologies etc. By giving them more of their money back.
        Here's the problems with taxing it.
        1. Money will get hidden and frozen. There are ways to put money into trust etc.to hide it legally from the tax man.
        2. Government is terribly inefficient. For every 100 dollars of money gathered through taxes to give to the poor just over a dollar actually gets into the poors hands. I know it sounds ridiculous, and it is but think of all the overhead involved.
        3.Government has a history of investing in things that in the long run cost millions of dollars in future spending. Like light rails etc. Just in Minneapolis it cost tax payers 10 million a year to keep that thing running. It obviously can't support itself. Obama's infrastructure plan is full of this type of stuff.

The alternative is to let the market create steady proven streams of income. Tax revenue actually increases when you reduce taxes because the economy grows so much.
        mccain actually wanted the rich people to put money back into our economy but most republicans who happen to be the rich people were not in favor of that option and most people that voted for obama never listened to a word mccain ever said so they probably didn't even know what mcain was proposing

Comment

Originally posted by PBDS View Post
          ....This is more on point with the truth IMO.
          At least he is not dumb enough to try to push through with the absolutely ridiculous ideas he was campaigning on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
            I hope he doesn't cut taxes for the rich and all that "real economic experts" stuff is bull****..
            Those "real economic experts" are what got us in this situation and the tax cuts for the rich played a part too.

At the end, I'm glad he is taking ideas from both sides and showing he can reach across party lines unlike the dip**** republicans who tried to do eveything their own way and realized there way was wrong. At least this time it will be a joint effort.
            LOL! You didn't just try and blame the economic meltdown on tax cuts for the rich did you? Nah, you aren't that stupid, but I swear that is what you just said.

Comment

What you people don't realize is that the wealthy already pay a much lower percentage than a lot of people, the middle class. The middle class, anybody making over a certain amount of money, pays 38%. But then, guys like George Steinbrenner can claim Alex Rodriguez as a business expense, Donald Trump claims his limousines as business expenses. This drives their percentage down to like 10%

Comment

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
                ABC news is saying what Obama wants to do, and ABC new is pretty accurate and that is why I watch there news channel. There not like the other news channels, and there pretty fair for Democrats and Republicans.

Call me a lunatic, but I'd rather wait a few weeks and allow the man to actually do his job rather than draw conclusions based on ABC News. It has been obvious since before the election that the dramatic changes in our economy would force any candidate to alter their original platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBrew328 View Post
                  What you people don't realize is that the wealthy already pay a much lower percentage than a lot of people, the middle class. The middle class, anybody making over a certain amount of money, pays 38%. But then, guys like George Steinbrenner can claim Alex Rodriguez as a business expense, Donald Trump claims his limousines as business expenses. This drives their percentage down to like 10%
                  So your argument is that because poor people are not smart enough to take write-offs that it is somehow unfair? Write-offs are there to encourage prosperous behavior. If you don't take advantage of them; well that is YOUR fault.

Comment

osamabama is a nazi, he said America is lame.

Comment

Working...
                    X