No announcement yet.

Underestimating Robert García's Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he tries to box Cotto, I think he'll lose badly

He just needs to abandon all regard and just come to **** Cotto up. I see no other scenario for Margarito to win. Boxing at any point will allow Cotto to rack up easy points and conserve energy for the later rounds

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      I think his upper body movement was gone vs Pac.

His footwork was very flat compared to the first fight.

Agree or disagree?

Remember when Castillo hit the wall after Corrales II?

I think Margo is approaching that territory.
      Agree.

I do still think he is unloading with better leverage and weight behind his punches. His body attack hurt Manny at one time in the fight.

We'll see if Cotto's trainer talk about Cotto's "elite athlete basal pulse rate" is for real, or not, if it goes to round 11. I like that trainer. But Cotto is not a 365 day a year athlete. I don't know if Margo is. May and Hopkins, are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        Remember Kikland vs Perro mofos. Some of you will come back to reality again. Wait and see.
        Kirkland was the **** under Wolfe and looked like **** under Kenny Adams. He went back to Wolfe and has become the **** again.Cheato has looked like **** under Garcia and unless he went back to Capetillo and tainted wraps your argument has absolutely no point.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
          Kirkland was the **** under Wolfe and looked like **** under Kenny Adams. He went back to Wolfe and has become the **** again.Cheato has looked like **** under Garcia and unless he went back to Capetillo and tainted wraps your argument has absolutely no point.
          You failed to mention that hardly anyone gave Kirkland a shot in beating Angulo prefight.

Comment

If Margarito's eye doesn't affect him I'm not sure how he loses here.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
              And Cotto picked up and amateur trainer from a third world country whats your point

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
                And Cotto picked up and amateur trainer from a third world country whats your point
                Both have great trainers. Pedro was the trainer of, perhaps, the most successful Olympic boxing program in the world.

Granted, it's amateur boxing. But his scientific knowledge is top notch.

Comment

man looked like **** in the manny fight

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    If Margarito's eye doesn't affect him I'm not sure how he loses here.
                    Teddy P hit the nail on the head!

Its not an excuse but we all know that Tony's eye was jacked up by pac and he is in the profession of getting hit in the face. Cotto is a good boxer with good power and will aim for that eye.
                    If the eye swells up like I think it will then its all over and fast
                    if it doesnt then its all over for Cotto

I just hope it goes 8+ rounds cause the undercard sucks IMO
                    but im not a tool warehouse like all those that stream it and sit in front of a computer alone watching the fight

Comment

Working...
                    X