Just got back from seeing Terminator Salvation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chr0nic View Post
    you hate every movie
    On the contrary; I like plenty of movies. But this one was a steaming pile of poorly written ****. Dialogue sucked. No character interaction or story that made me care about any of them. Ridiculously large plotholes that made me want to rip my hair out.

Comment

I liked how the computerized version of Arnold Schwarzenegger terminator popped out right before the end.

Overall a good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
        Sucked. I think there were less than 2 pages of dialogue in the whole movie. I didn't give a **** about any of the characters; and without Terminator 2 background it makes you care even less.
        I agree with this although I wouldn't go as far and say that it sucked. Christian Bale is a great actor but anybody could've played John Conner the little dialogue he had.

with that said, if you didn't like Salvation...what did you think about Watchmen. It had plenty of dialogue and I still think it's the best movie of 09.

Star Trek is also overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladimir303 View Post
          with that said, if you didn't like Salvation...what did you think about Watchmen. It had plenty of dialogue and I still think it's the best movie of 09.

Watchmen was disappointing, although it wasn't bad. It was a little too much in love with itself and felt it had to glamorize itself all ready glamorous self to the detriment of the overall movie.

Star Trek wasn't overrated. Most people nailed it with their reviews. There was arguably a little too much action, a few plot holes, but for the start of a new Series of movies it was fantastic. They had to reintroduce the characters and origins and did a great job of it.

Comment

im gonna see it tommorow

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
              Watchmen was disappointing, although it wasn't bad. It was a little too much in love with itself and felt it had to glamorize itself all ready glamorous self to the detriment of the overall movie.

Star Trek wasn't overrated. Most people nailed it with their reviews. There was arguably a little too much action, a few plot holes, but for the start of a new Series of movies it was fantastic. They had to reintroduce the characters and origins and did a great job of it.
              You're a hard critic. Then again, there is no such thing as a perfect movie that 100% of all people is gonna like.

The trouble with critics is, some of em are overly narcassistic as if they speak for everybody or that their opinion overrides everyone elses.

Comment

I can't really say what the best movie of 09 is yet... I'd probably say Star Trek.

I'm holding out for Inglorious Bastards, Avatar, and Public Enemies as I've been anticipating those 3.

Comment

I went with a few people and they all thought it sucked. I thought it was OK, only because of a few decent action scenes and CGI Arnold. Overall the movie was ridiculous and poorly written, but I'm thinking that there's not much they could of done with the story anyway.

Spoilers

I like how the 287937448 ton super Terminator just sneaks up on them without them noticing, lol. Horrible. Still it was entertaining at times...I'd say a C movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladimir303 View Post
                    I agree with this although I wouldn't go as far and say that it sucked. Christian Bale is a great actor but anybody could've played John Conner the little dialogue he had.

Agreed. Having Bale and even Howard's daughter and Common in the movie seems like a waste of money. In fact the only likable character to me was the human/terminator.

I simply did not care about Connor, and that's not good when hes supposed to be so important.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                      Agreed. Having Bale and even Howard's daughter and Common in the movie seems like a waste of money. In fact the only likable character to me was the human/terminator.

I simply did not care about Connor, and that's not good when hes supposed to be so important.
                      Bale's large ego arguably destroyed this movie. Originally (or so I heard) the Marcus character was the primary role in the movie and got the overwhelming majority of the screen time. However, Bale insisted that if he play Conner that they had to include more of him.

I don't know if it's true, but if it is, blame the ****ty movie on him.

Comment

Working...
                      X