Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time to acknowledge Andre Ward as the world's best fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time to acknowledge Andre Ward as the world's best fighter?

I think SOG may very well be the best fighter in the world right now. Floyd didnt look that great against Cotto, he's clearly lost a step. Who knows if/when he'll fight again and how he'll look if he does? As great as Floyd still is, I think Ward is the better all around fighter right now. Ward is currently in his prime and the scary part is that he keeps getting better. Is Ward the best fighter in boxing?
    Yes
    39.02%
    No
    60.98%

Comment

I think so but I'm not about to call him #1 just yet after beating a severely weight drained Dawson. He should have fought him at a catch weight.

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          No

ugh that was cringe worthy

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
            I think so but I'm not about to call him #1 just yet after beating a severely weight drained Dawson. He should have fought him at a catch weight.
            This is based on Ward's ability and the totality of the fights he's won. Dawson was stupid to drop down a full weight class. The fight should've been at 175 and I think it would have been a much tougher fight for Ward at that weight. However, I still think Ward Winsock at any weight.

Comment

He aint there yet but he is sure on his way to be the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                I think SOG may very well be the best fighter in the world right now. Floyd didnt look that great against Cotto, he's clearly lost a step.
                So you're gonna make an assessment about a fighter's ability based on one fight? Ward didn't look that great against Bika. What do you think of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  So you're gonna make an assessment about a fighter's ability based on one fight? Ward didn't look that great against Bika. What do you think of that?
                  Floyd clearly isn't the same fighter that he used to be. He's slipped since the Marquez fight, he's not as fast as he was and he gets hit more. The guy is about to be 35 years old of course he's going to inevitably start to slip. He's still great but he's gradually declining.

Comment

I think he is but if ppl still want to have Floyd on top no argument.

Comment

Working...
                    X