No announcement yet.

Footwork Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footwork Help

im havin a bit of trouble with footwork while moving is there any advice, tips or drills u hav that i can practice???

Jump a lot of rope. Get a good trainer.

Comment

/

we do this thing, at my gym thats really good , i will try to explain.

imagine like a window, a squear with 2 lines through it, crossing each other so a squear with a cross in the middles like a window.

well its basically 4 squears put together to make a big squear, and you have to move around the squears keeping your feet on he points, atchuly i cant explain it so there you go but erm..

when your moving about in the ring, if your gong farwuds your front leg moves first and the back follows, if your going backwards your back leg moves first and front follows, and same for left and right,
      whatever direction your going that foot moves first and second follows,
      try to keep a solid base at all times,

Comment

my trainer makes me move forward and back along a line but i can keep my backfoot on the right side of the line. it always ends up comin over is dis something that will hopefully rectify itself wid time? any1 else have this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by verbz View Post
          im havin a bit of trouble with footwork while moving is there any advice, tips or drills u hav that i can practice???
          Watch Jersey Joe Walcott!

Comment

try basketball tht helps a lot for footwork and agility and its amazing for ur fitness!

Comment

Originally posted by verbz View Post

There are any number of remedies (real and imagined) for poor footwork. Calvin Brock tried tap dancing, but his footwork is no better than anybody else's from what I have seen. What it comes down to is coordination, and some guys are better at it than others. The best you can do is figure out which sequences of movements are the most difficult then choreograph some drills for yourself. Men can improve their footwork despite the difficulty, Bernard Hopkins is a case in point. He was mediocre when he got started but now he is pretty damn good. Of course Hopkins was extraordinarily diligent with his training. Are you?

Comment

I like to go salsa dancing. Also get in the ring and move around a bit, the more time in their, the better you get and of course JUMP ROPE!!

Comment

Working...
                X