No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury Ready To Score Another Knockout in Canada

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury Ready To Score Another Knockout in Canada

London - Knockout star Hughie Fury takes his next step in the professional ranks looking for his third straight knockout in as many fights on May 11th.

The hot heavyweight prospect takes on Dean Storey at the Festival Arena, Shediac, New Brunswick, Canada.

In Hughie’s last contest he dominated the previously unbeaten Alex Rozman at The Theater at Madison Square Garden, New York.

Rozman, who had an identical record to Hughie going into the contest with one win coming by way of knockout, was demolished by the youngster.

In his classiest performance yet, shown on network television in the US on NBC and on terrestrial television in the UK on Channel 5, the 18-year-old younger cousin of heavyweight sensation Tyson Fury, put Rozman to the canvas twice before the referee stepped in to stop the contest in only the first round. [Click Here To Read More]

Hughie already looks capable of exceeding Tyson. Composed, balanced, quick and hits hard. I am looking forward to watching him develop in the pro ranks.

Still can't believe he is only 18. These gypsy boys grow up quick!

Comment

lol, he's fighting a 45 year old who's been retired since 2008 ??!!!
      they didnt found a decent active 30 year old tomato can with a 2-50 record, instead they asked a 45 year old to un-retire...wow..so much for keeping the KO record alive...

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
        lol, he's fighting a 45 year old who's been retired since 2008 ??!!!
        they didnt found a decent active 30 year old tomato can with a 2-50 record, instead they asked a 45 year old to un-retire...wow..so much for keeping the KO record alive...
        I'll be more than he can handle, trust me.

Comment

He's also going to be fighting on May 17th, in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthooklead View Post
            Hughie already looks capable of exceeding Tyson. Composed, balanced, quick and hits hard.
            I agree. Hughey has poise and natural instincts (though Tyson has good instincts as well). From the few videos I've seen of Hughey, he is always is good position, has great footwork for a big man, and has very good timing. One of the best HW prospects I've seen in the last few years. He fights and moves with the agility of a much smaller man. It will he be interesting to see if he can bulk up (hopefully without giving up too much quickness) and learn to really use his size against better competition. He can be world champion if he does.

Comment

good ol' dean storey...seen him in edmonton...

Comment

Working...
              X