No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Open To The Idea of Carl Froch Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Open To The Idea of Carl Froch Rematch

WBC/WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward, who returns on January 26th against Kelly Pavlik, is open to the idea of a rematch with Carl Froch, the current IBF beltholder at 168-pounds. Ward beat Froch in 2011 in the final fight of the Super Six super middleweight tournament in Atlantic City.

[Click Here To Read More]

Make it happen, then move up.

Comment

Ward stops Froch or beats him even worse in the rematch. I agree, I don't know what blind idiot fool even remotely thinks that first fight was close. While a few rounds were somewhat competitive, Froch did not win 1 round I feel. I think people are still high on Froch's win over Bute and while I agree it was an amazing win, remember...that was 100% the best performance of his career. You will not see a better performance from Froch over a top opponent, as you did in that fight, I will almost guarantee it. Also, I think Bute will do better in the rematch actually. Mack is a journeyman so that fight does not even count. As gritty, tough and iron chinned/willed as Froch is (and respect to him for all that), he is just too slow and too limited technically to beat Ward. Of course unless he landed some left-field bomb, but everyone in boxing has a punchers chance so.

Comment

I love Ward. But I also love Froch. I only want to see the rematch if Ward will go to Nottingham to fight the rematch. To me, that's the only way it should be.

Comment

Froch is one of my favorite active fighters but i don't really see the need for this fight. Froch should fight Kessler after Bute. First fight was great and really close. Ward is to skilled both at distance and in close and Froch can't bully him and certainly can't outbox him.

Comment

The first fight was a clear and conclusive victory for Ward. Imagine how it would have gone if Andre didn't have a busted hand?

Comment

Ward would be stupid to go to Frich's hometown, he'd get robbed for sure, schooled him in the 1st fight and nearly got robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                Ward would be stupid to go to Frich's hometown, he'd get robbed for sure, schooled him in the 1st fight and nearly got robbed.
                Once again, the two North American judges had it close, the British judge had a wide UD to Ward.

Froch has already said he will go to the US to fight him again if he has to but wants Kessler next.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  No fighters are immune to being robbed no matter where they fight. Look at Pacquiao with the Bradley fight. I love Ward, he is one of my favorite fighters, but he and Froch both have belts, and Froch already fought him in the States. Besides, I think Ward's stock would rise tremendously if he traveled for a fight for once.

Comment

Froch did nothing in their first fight to merit a rematch in his home town. The Brits talk like Andre had the home advantage but the fight was in Atlantic City. Pretty sure that's closer to Nottingham than Oakland. Froch likes to talk but one subject he should steer clear from is Andre Ward. The Kessler fight was close but Mikkel deserved to win. He just got owned against Ward and he should try toend his career on a high instead getting his ass whooped by SOG again.

Comment

Working...
                    X